2008 Skyline GTR Pre-Orders Can Now Be Taken!

hey guys, just recently got off the phone with ajax nissan. I was calling to hear if they had any information about the new 08 GTR. They say schedueld release is for Mid Spring of next year, with a value of Aprox. $100,000. You are able to leave a “factory” deposit (they have one already) of a minimum $10,000. They dont know yet which nissan dealers will be autorized to sell the gtr, but they will direct, and transfer your deposit to the dealer(s) in the GTA that will be selling them! just thought i would let you all know, but im sure alot of us already do! Cheers.

Better get my deposit in!

haha, i wish dude! they said it will rival porsche as well as other high end european exotics.

It will no question about it but if I had the choice between Skyline GTR or Porsche…sorry give me the uberwagen. They are doing this now a days to with the Lexus and Infiniti, Acura and what not to rival the BMW and Mercedes.

I may have my facts wrong, but I believe there are extremely low quantities of the first year of the GTR being sold.

it’ll will probably be well over $100k, sadly:mad:…

Sooooo, I will keep my z, and build her to my liking…:smiley:

Yeah man but that’s AWD… Making your 350 AWD?

RWD ftw
lol
i still perfer rwd neday…

the smart thing to do if you could afford it would be to buy the new gtr…then sell it a few months later when they would be in extremely high demand…maybe make a profit? this is only if there is limited quantities, which i think there will be.

True but people who could have been able to afford it and really wanted it, would not wait for someone else to get it first, drive the shit out of it and then sell it to them for even more, they could have bought it with the downpayment…no?

people buying 100k plus cars don’t buy used unless their yearly income is below 60k.In which case they prob wouldn’t be able to afford to keep it, thats why expensive cars sell, targeted for rich people not the average joe.

GTRC’s founder(aka JZ) already has put in a 30k deposit on it 6 months ago. hopefully when he gets it he brings it to the meets.

…100k

IF ONLYYY… =(

oh well, i still want the nismo 380RS either way…

is that the same cost?

^It would be cheaper to buy the dam GTR! hahaha

RWD FTMFW!:slight_smile:

Old news. Dealers have been taking deposit’s for months as one of my co-workers has already put his down.

ohh man will the insurance companies be happy or what.lol

Shit… Im in between caring and not… Do you think I will get one??? :stuck_out_tongue:

^^^ see my point DJpyro, a skyline is linked to alot more younger people than older hags.

thus insurance companies will be happy!!!

Not true B13. When I was looking for my car, I first set my sights on a Kouki S14. I ended up sitting in a Z32. When I started full on for Z32s I realized that they CAN be in the same price range as Porsche Boxters. Thus I was looking at Porsche Boxters a lot too.

^^^lol, yes yes i agree on that 100%, but there are still going to be people who can’t really afford it buying it, i.e people who are in the middle upper class low rich area.hehe

though i totally agree most people won’t be buying 100k plus cars if they couldn’t afford it.

then again why do Honda’s have such high insurance rate compared to its slow bretherins from other brands.

B13 I think you’ve missed the point again, but we’ll go with what you have.
Hondas have high insurance rates not because of age group, but because of what insurance companies see being done to them.

Anyway, I’m liking the Skyline more and more. I really wonder how much they’re going to be selling in the first year. I heard 8 to North American Shores but I sincerely doubt it and probably the first guessed number by a friend of the person I heard it from. 2008 -> 8 would be an easy number to pick