2008 Solo and some boating ridiculousness

First Solo II course of the year with full on winter tires!!! Both videos are of the same lap just different perspectives. As a bonus, I stuck in the most recent sea flea wipe out.

[y]e6rGsNP7x8E[/y]

cockpit view

[y]iMdb75VrBMw[/y]

And yes, engines do sink. I’m not piloting this one, just tying the gas tank in…lol

[y]XJF_MNsgfMs[/y]

Sea Flea ftw! My dad built a 8ft one in high school then when I was 13 he gave it to me 33hp Evinrude. Thing did 60mph. Trim was way to high on that thing.

Adrian

yeah dude, Sea fleas are nuts. I tried to tell them that it wasn’t trimmed right but apparently the trim pin was broken and fixed permanently. having said that, the boat is a legend, its been throwing motors off the back since the 70’s. No surprise really lol. It truly needs a short shaft.

I had a really wild sea flea that had a modded smowmobile engine right under the sterring column and straight shafted to a prop underneath.

It was a little longer, but it was the scariest thing to drive…the nose was like 2 inches off the water…

Canoe waves were a scary sight to see in that thing.:confused:

Edit: Is was actually a hydro-plane like the one in the last vid.

Thats awesome. Did you fab the set up? That’s a much better design than having an outboard on the back.

My dad did it when I was really young with a shitty motor, but we changed that for the beast motor when I was older.

It was originally built in the 70’s.

same with ours, built in the 70’s. Pretty rockin for the time.

Still totally swank now.:slight_smile: