2009 Audi RS6 Sedan

Once again, Audi pusing the bar up one more notch. Germany showin em how its done :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

It’s no E30

:lol you know u want a peice of that, Bennie :lol

It may have the CTS-V by 24 horses, but the CTS has it by 52 ft-lbs of torque.

The Avant (wagon) has a 4465 lb curb weight to the CTS’ 4200 lbs, so the sedan should be a relatively even match.

Quattro I’m frankly indifferent about as being advantageous to the handling of such a heavy car (due to its front-end torque bias; some 60% on the Avant?).

We’ll see who shows who what when these two wind up at the same track with a Bim and a Merc to do battle for the title.

CTS vs. RS6.

Two cruise ships vying for supremacy on the open waters!

Both cars are SRS BZNS

Maybe if the ‘BZNS’ is designing a car with it’s own gravitational field, sure.

Not as aggressively styled as you would think…

Complaining about the weight of an RS6 is like saying a Bently CGT is too heavy. The RS6 isn’t designed to be a light and nimble machine. It’s a very large, very comfortable car that can also thunder down highways with it’s V10 singing along. Snow? Ice? No problem, Quattro has you covered. Audi doesn’t build the ultimate sports or performance car by any means for the road - they do however make phenominal luxury vehicles that offer extremely admireable performance at a competitive price. You have to appreciate them for what they are and what they build.

Oh I wasn’t complaining, I was making a statement.

4500lbs? 2.25 tons? That’s damn near dump truck status.

i agree. i just think theyre very underrated by most, thats all.

DO want

Justin dude you should get a job sellin Audis. You’re a natural.

its pretty sexy, when are they gonna put that motor, in a RS5 coupe?? or have they?

More importantly . . . when are they going to put an LS1 in the 5-coupe?

sexy…until all teh lights blow up the electric shorts out, the pressure plate blows into 4 peices, the brake rotors all warp within 1 month from good to not stopping and someone keys all over it.

This was the life progression of my car, I dunno about all audis.

Ouch, man . . .

To follow up that sad tale: CTS-V going to Europe after all!

Take that, Germans!

that thing is beautiful :giggedy

ceramic brakes are an option :nod

If those ceramic brakes are like the Gallardo LP-540 (possible with intra-corporate part sharing) then they’ll be prone to poor operation at low speeds.

While not necessarily a given, some ceramic brakes are known for poor operation until they’ve reached an ideal temperature – this depends on the material; carbon/carbon, carbon/ceramic etc. Also, ceramic brakes are sometimes prone to abrupt behavior (See: Mclaren SLR) with “light switch” dynamics of ON and OFF. This is why Koenigsegg was initially hesitant to use ceramic discs on the CC, and made them optional rather than standard.

A recent issue of Car and Driver has an article on brakes, comparing various cars (including 'Vettes and Porsches) and Porsche’s steel rotor performance was virtually identical to its PCCB option.

(Sorry – I used to sell to a ceramic brake company, got to tech-talk with one of the engineers.)