2009 Cadillac CTS-V Official Specs

Inside Line Link

MILFORD, Michigan — The wait is over as GM today released official specifications for its 2009 Cadillac CTS-V performance sedan. Its 6.2-liter supercharged V8 will produce 556 horsepower and 551 pound-feet of torque.

The 2009 CTS-V was unveiled in January at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show, and in May teased fans with its record-setting run on the famed Nürburgring test circuit, but until today, official specs including horsepower and torque ratings, had not been announced.

According to Cadillac, the CTS-V will charge from zero to 60 mph in just 3.9 seconds, crossing the quarter-mile mark in 12 seconds flat at 118 mph. Equipped with the six-speed automatic transmission, the CTS-V is electronically limited to 175 mph, while the six-speed manual will allow drivers to reach 191 mph. If these numbers prove true, the CTS-V should handily beat the BMW M5, a car tagged by product chief Bob Lutz as the Cadillac’s main target.

Stopping power is provided by Brembo brakes: 14.6 inches with six-piston calipers in the front and 14.3 inches with four piston calipers in the rear.

What this means to you: The baddest sedan in the land may finally wear an American badge. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor

wow

always always loved these cars

191 in a caddy!!!
That car is supposed to be running on the lsa(ls9 based motor) with a smaller s/c…wonder if the s/c from the vettes ls9 can be swapped in

Beeeeeeeeiiiitchin.

bad ass

cool car. looks much better than the last CTS-V

Totally bonerific, hopefully I can afford one before burning petroleum is outlawed by the pinko fags.

sweet
that is badass

rofl.

It’s going to be one sick car for sure.

sign me up

wowzers.

yes, i just said wowzers.

i haven’t seen the official price listed any place. i’m curious to see what they’re asking.

m5 = $82,900
cts-v = ???

They said around $70k. Check out the review autoblog did, 2nd video down is nothing but burnouts. GM put two different axle diameters out back (like the ZR1) to eliminate wheel hop. Really amazing the engineering behind the car if you watch the first vid.

also said 60k in another blog. who knows what the actual price will be.

C6 Z06 Killer Stock vs Stock ???

Love the CTS-V

prolly be 60 k looking at the history of the car. I hope i can get one in 3 years when mine is ready to trade in. the definately did a great job on the new cts

I agree that the new design of the CTS is pretty amazing. From sitting in all the caddy’s at the autoshow this past year, I liked the interior of the CTS much better than the other caddy’s as well as most of the other cars at the show.

Looks and performance are a killer combination. As nice as it is to have a caddy that can do 0-60mph in 3.9 seconds, how many of the old folks that buy one are ever going to see what that’s like? I can only hope that people that buy one actually put it to good use. Maybe someone will throw some R compounds on the car and have some real fun with it.

I like the large brakes. Often times I think it’s more fun standing on the brakes heading into a turn vs. screaming down a straight. :slight_smile:

road racers are a wierd bunch. :smiley: