2009 Cadillac CTS-V (update with dyno results)

http://images.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2007/112_0707_02z+2009_cadillac_cts_v+front_three_quarter_rendering.jpg

The new issue of Motor Trend arrived in the mail and our eyes were instantly attracted to this story that just went live on motortrend.com. The MT crew has learned that the supercharged V8 slated for use in the next-gen Cadillac CTS-V will be none other than a “detuned” version of the 7.0L LS7 powerplant debuting in the Corvette Blue Devil, or rather, Corvette Z07. The MT editors expect the version used in the CTS-V to produce about 600 horsepower, or around 100 horses short of what the Z07 will produce.

Pick any possible competitor for the next CTS-V and it’s obvious that all will come up short to Caddy’s new mega muscle sedan. The BMW M3 and Audi RS4 both produce only 420 horsepower, while the horsepower happy AMG team stuffed only 503 in the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. Even the BMW M5, which is larger than the CTS, will come up short with an upcoming horsepower bump into the low-500 horsepower range. In short, the CTS-V will offer the same amount of horsepower as the 2008 Dodge Viper, which is pure insanity. GM’s got stones, folks, and Cadillac is clearly the prime beneficiary of its newfound fortitude.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2007/112_0707_2009_cadillac_cts_v/

Time to start saving

Not gonna lie, I loved the last Gen CTS-V and would rock the new one too.

nice!

Yeah, the last CTS-V drove great and had plenty of power. I can’t imagine what this will be like. Hoping to get a chance to find out though :D.

I heard the last gen CTS-V had an awful case of wheel hop. Seems good otherwise.

Just more GM, union made crap, right? :roll:

Holy shit wow…Horsepower wise, makes my Eldorado look like a Geo even tho I love the Northstar engine.

<3

:wtf: Someone has stollen your screen name!!!

Maybe you missed where I told Xander to buy a Z06 and not an M3 too? :wink:

Actually I forgot. :Tup:

Hey if the unions weren’t involved in the production of it I am sure that the interior would be significantly better and the price would be less… so you are correct sir

Oh SNAP!

That will be my dd some day

600 horses?!?!?!

What is a kidney going for nowadays?

I’m speechless. :hump:

My first and only question is, what will it take to produce 700hp?

Edit: OK I lied, 2 more questions - Price for this Chevy and weight?

OK, I can’t resist. It is available in AWD?:smiley:

Why does my grandma need 600 horsepower???

PROBABLY A REFLASH, EXHAUST AND A PULLEY

Edit: OK I lied, 2 more questions - Price for this Chevy and weight?
The new CTS-v is likely to tip the scales at about 3600.

OK, I can’t resist. It is available in AWD?:smiley:
:bloated:

Damn I like it, looks great in that rendering

I cant wait too see how many idiots put them in a ditch right after buying one. 600 HP is no joke