Thoughts on purchasing a 2005-2007 CTS-V

Im looking for any thoughts on the 2005-2007 cadillac CTS-Vs. I’m looking to spend between $4-500 monthly and was considering a new G8 GT but the 0% financing was never offered with rebates.

Pros:
Awesome engine
Six speed manual
lots of standard options
better fuel mileage than my trailblazer

Cons:
Anyone???
Any quirks I should be looking for?
Biggest problem I have now is finding one closer than 200 miles away.
Thanks

Have you driven a G8 GT? I was completely unimpressed though it was auto.

I’m in the same boat though, looking for a nice, used CTS-V.

Yeah, it was a very muted fast, probably because of the auto. Everything I drive now feels awesome compared to the last fast car I drove which was the turbo cavy.

I always look at consumer reviews on edmunds.com

I did a quick search for you, with the 2005 & 2006 model. Here ya go.

Can you describe “fast”?:wiggle:

thanks dawn, Ive looked at all the main sites like edmunds, kbb, caranddriver…

the cavy ran 13.3 @ 109 before a new clutch, tires and lightweight flywheel. im looking for something that will run 13’s with no effort.

Oh word. Well, good luck.

ctsv has been reviewed well in INITAL QUALITY! i could not tell you how lucky you will get at 69k and much of that was hard driving…

being a gm, you will prolly have lower intake leaks, wheel bearings, rattleing panels after 45k, and hockey puck bushings (if they have them), big tires = big money, big brakes = big money,

however i have driven one. it pulls well for what it is =) and it has a huge powertrain warr. i say if you can get one 3 years old at 40-45 percent of what one cost new jump on dat shit :tup:

I think the interiors suck, but I am curious how they are holding up after 50k.

I’d probably just buy a vette of the same year for less money?

He probably wants a 4 door dd sedan seeing as he picked a cts-v and a g8… :gotme:

inb4omgdudeigotmy2008m5with140konitforonly35kyoushouldgetonetoogmsucksbro

good thing you listed everything typical of a cobalt. the ls engines have been known to run up near 200k without a flaw as long as they are maintained. OP speak to illusion20 as he owns a cts-v.

Deville motors has one on the lot …

I have yet to discover a production car company that doesn’t have at least 1 model with most of those issues, especially wheel bearings. Cars wear out, it’s what they do.

Seems like a really good used car value and something that would make a great daily. Always like those cars and I am not a cadillac guy by any means. Look forward to the supercharged models coming down in value in the next year or so.

Whats wrong with a 2004?
They are the same as the 2005

2004 - 2005 LS6
2006 - 2007 LS2

I have a 2004 that still has some GMPP coverage left that is going up for sale this summer. I have had the diff updated and plenty of other small things done to the car, but it has never stranded me.

Biggest issue is the diff. I can get 26 MPG hwy, but it does take 93

Thanks, apparently they dont beleive in having a website or using autotrader. I did find the car on craigslisthttp://buffalo.craigslist.org/ctd/1586375812.html

Did they not list the miles or did I miss it?

Yeah I figure with the coupe coming late summer the sedans will drop a little faster.
I plan to start shopping in August. But put mine up for sale before that.

you missed it