For all you CTS-V leghumpers..

This morning I was headed out to see some family in the STI. Got behind a debadged Cadillac. No big deal. About to get on the XXX onramp and it was just the Caddy in front and me in the back.

I was in 2nd gear ready to go and have my usual fun on the highway ramps when this guy takes off. I followed, but I couldnt hang! 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and he kept pulling away from me.

Got on the highway and I was stuck behind another car and he kept going. It wouldnt have mattered as once I hit 5th, he would have really been gone.

We kept going down the highway and I was going to give him a thumbs up but he got off the next exit. I got a quick look at the hood and it had the buldge in it. I couldnt believe I just ran into a CTS-V.

550bhp supercharged V8 > 375ish bhp turbo 4

Good stuff. :tup:

It was one of the newer 2009 ones?

wonder if it was the one that was at new era last week?

:tup: fast LSx cars

What color was it?! This was a 2 tone black on top silver on the bottom

play nice… :wink:

Dear Spam16v,

You have received an infraction at NYSpeed - New York’s only Statewide Automotive Forum.

Reason: Grown folks are talking, STFU

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1281980
Quote:
any of you CTS-V leg humpers actually pony up and purchase one, or do you just jack off to them? the big wheels of capitalism do not revolve on wet dreams, they need money to keep turning…
All the best,
NYSpeed - New York’s only Statewide Automotive Forum

we just sold our first one last week, 09 6 speed, its worth all the money the guy paid. he has a 05 as well chipped, exhaust, intake, and he said the 05 can’t touch the 09, i LOVE the car, and im not a gm fan. super fast for a stock car extremely comfortable, and he has wiped out a few srt8’s challengers and what not

They do not make a two toned color scheme?

Im sure the paint job wasnt stock. It was black on top and faded to silver

:fu: I love CTS-V’s…Atleast you gave chase lol

Black with all the CTSv chrome trim, not 2tone.

It made 451rwhp and 437rwtq in stock form.
And with a prototype NewEra 09 CTS-V intake CAI it picked up 34rwhp and 28rwtq untuned! All 304 stainless, TIG welded. Made the MAF flange in the cnc mill. This was a test one, will be getting re-powercoated all solid color.

After Mike tuned it, with just the intake it made 505rwhp and 470rwtq.

WOW that is fucking awesome!

i love these cars but i dont like the chrome

Drooooool…

Ugh that’s a lot of power. Sweet cars.

Sick, i read about one with bolt ons and a pulley make 600rwhp.

we just sold one locally…guy is supposed to be doing some upgrades to it… i will have to keep in touch to see what he does

Nice run. The CTSv is one of the few domestic cars I would consider. I would murda dat bitch out though…

I know this thread is a year old now, but I havent seen the responses until now. That is not the car. I dont think he was a local, because I have never seen it again. The car was def a 2 tone as mentioned above. it was not all black with chrome trim. The car in question was black on the top/cab if you will and then faded to silver. No badges on the back IIRC.

well thanks for the update :hay: