2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R and my Bike plans.

Then you shouldn’t be getting into the motorcycle world at all.

No matter how you put it, what you start on, what you wear or how your ride, your chances for either will increase dramatically.

Bad idea. You will be “forced” to sell off all the gear when you decide to get another bike whether a replacement or a second one. Since looks are important to you, you will also look silly riding a friends bike if it’s not a Kawi. Also definitely do not color match, just stick with the Black/Grey theme. It goes with every bike.

Shoei helmet however is a great choice. I personally love my Rf1000.

As far as stopping half way with gear, either man up and ride in full gear or ride naked (literally). Never understood the half gear stuff. People who wear gear, wear it for the time they fall and they wear it to be protected. If you’re going through the trouble of purchasing and wearing gear each day, might as well make it all worth it in the D-day and come out without any scrapes. Nothing is worse then always wearing gear, getting into an accident and still being hurt on the parts you’re not covered on.

At least the guys who wear no gear, may not be too bright but they commit to the fact that if they go down, they’re f&$ked one way or another.

Good choice on the size bike to start with, bad call on getting it new.

Msf is a good thing. See if you can be put on the call-out list. The people that last minute don’t show up or call ahead saying they won’t make it need to be replaced. That’s how I got in a month sooner.

Check ACC too, they offer MSF and not too far away.

Good luck!