2009 winter classic

wow…im sorry…but the setup at wrigley just looks like shit compared to how it was last year…regardless if it was here.

if they did it at soldier field, then im sure it would be fine. just looks like the view of the ice is shit depending where you sit.

just my .02

pity reply…

I think it looks stupid on a baseball field…I dont know how the fans are gonna see anything…its gonna look odd from every seat. It should always be at a Football Stadium or Soccer Stadium…the odd shape of a ball park doesnt lend itself to hockey.

I love that they are already saying its better than Buffalo…jesus…spare me.

Solder field sucks since they remodeled it…

oh and Chicago>B-lo :smiley:

EDIT: They did it as Wrigley so they could make more money off of rooftop tickets

lol shut up thom.

and lol @ conklin started every winter classic

I was watching the time lapse of them setting it up and asking myself “How the fuck are people gonna see from that far away?”

lol yea OK

im sorry…but last years was FAR better than this

Bish no!

This guy sucks at singinnnnnggggniiiiiinnnnnngggggg

this guy SUCKS at singing

LOLLLL kyle

Skoonk A Peh!

What the fuck are snow particles?

similar to snow flakes?

Yeah. If you like getting shot.

or you like development, food, culture, shopping, etc… :gotme:

more enthusiasm and noise at wrigley compared to buf?

AAHAHHAHAHA

yea ok. who cares that we had 40,000 more fans there… but there is much more noise at wrigley

shut the fuck up

HEY! We got the mall and Pizzarias…what more do you want :shrug:

The play is much better than the game we had here, no doubt due mostly to what they learned about needing to upgrade the cooling system.

Looks like a real plus for the NHL, assuming they can avoid the bench clearing brawl that’s brewing. Not what the NHL needs for such a nationally viewed game. I’m just glad the ice has been good enough to show most of the speed of hockey, which is it’s major selling point when trying to attract new viewers. The Buffalo outdoor game looked like it was being played on glue, not ice.

Nice hit that put the guy upside down into the Chicago bench. :slight_smile:

Looks fine to me on my flat panel.

Nice hit into the bench in the 1st though :slight_smile:

You hardly hear crowd compared to last year. But the ice seems very good this year.

no buffalo, no care.

p.s. to the NHL get this though your THICK skulls BUFFALO VS. TORONTO=greatest winter classic ever!