2010/11 Toyota Camry SE

So…I’ve been having some ideas of trading in the M because of it’s gas guzzling ways (I average about 19mpg and if I baby it and reset my meter I can get to about 23). With the wedding and adult life around the corner…perhaps it’s not in my best interests to own a car like this at this time.

I like the look of the 2010/11 SE Camry’s (see below for which one I’m talking about) and they get about 22mpg in the city and 33 on the highway. That is a HUGE difference.

I know I will miss the luxury of the M…but I also miss the sportiness of my old Maxima (which was lowered, etc.) and have for the most part gotten over it…so I think I’ll eventually be able to get over it.

Question is…any one here have any experience with these cars? It’s hard to find the V6 looks like…but the 2.5L I4 is easy to find and at pretty good prices.

I know it’s a Toyota so it’s probably ultra reliable…but I’m talking about like interior quality, etc. Does it feel like a piece of plastic with metal on the outside? Or is it half decent?

http://www.cstatic-images.com/supersized/DMI/4541/16191.04.jpg

http://www.cstatic-images.com/supersized/DMI/4541/16191.03.jpg

Huge pile of shit. My grandmother has one and it’s just an awful car. The brakes are horrible, the steering has absolutely zero feel and it handles like a lowered pickup truck. It is kind of quick in a straight line though, with the V6. Read the consumer reviews, most have similar opinions. Don’t buy into the “It’s a Toyota, so it’s super reliable” bullshit that most thick headed Americans want to believe.

If you liked the Maxima so much, then why not buy… another Maxima?

Buy a corolla?

Cause the Maxima’s gas mileage isn’t that much better than my M. If I get out of my M, I’m going for bang for the buck but decent size. I could always just get a civic, but that’s too small.

The Altima though, might be something to look at now that I think about it. I’ll be back :lol

Too small.

I want a mid-size or larger. Looking into Altima’s now…seem to be priced as well as the Camry’s and I personally know Nissan products as I’ve had 2 Maxima’s (97 GXE and 99 SE) and 1 Infiniti (M) and my brother has 1 Maxima (00 SE) and 1 Altima (02 S).

I don’t know why I didn’t consider it earlier today :facepalm.

What about a newer Hyuandai Sonata? Or the Genesis sedan? They are pretty nice from what I’ve seen, they seem very luxarious for what they are, though im not sure about the “quality” if you will. I know a few with Hyaundais who said they have been very good to them :dunno

Jp shut it man , we have a lot of customers with them and there great cars , they do have a older feel handling wise . Get into a 12 model and u will love it they handle on a rail look great and plus its a Toyota lol

^^ I pretty much trust meatpaws opinion on anything

except for that one time he told me doing this thing would feel good, but it dident feel good, and I dident shit right for two weeks

:lol

I’m a Nissan guy myself…and frankly I prefer the interior of the Altima over that of the Camry. Plus I know these cars and their engines so…no relearning needed on this or that.

I sent out a couple emails for some 08 Altima 2.5SL’s (man I’m going to miss my 3.5) on Cars.com about if they’d consider my car for trade-in. We’ll see what happens.

I’m keeping my wheels for the new car. Should look decent, I hope.

Negged…

In fact, I flat out don’t like any of your posts.

be sure to check carmax to. I heard from a few friends that carmax is awesome to deal with. If you want a civic I’ll sell you mine just under 16k miles on it.

My beater car is a 98’ Corolla, 160K miles on it and it has had zero problems. Its nothing more than an economy, A to B car, so I am strictly speaking for my experience with the reliability of a Toyota. It has been great.

The 37 MPG I get with it isn’t bad either.

ilya, please dont do this to yourself… I absolutely HATE when people talk about getting rid of there car for something better gas mileage (unless #1 your going from a v8 TRUCK to a 4cyl car OR drive long distances for a living)

The amount of money in gas you will be saving is so freaking minimal that it really doesnt make a difference in the slightest bit… Your talking diaper money for your future kid.

Id rather pay an extra $100 a month in gas IF THAT for a car I love instead of some plain ass grandma whip.

Volkswagen Jetta TDI.

Not a fan of ANY German cars (I will admit I think some of them like the Audi A8, S5, BMW 7-series, 5-series, etc. are sexy LOOKING cars…but I’m not into them from an interior point of view or maintenance point of view). Will probably never own one.

That being said…I’m looking at 3.5 Altimas and Maximas (loaded ones). Why? Even though they are the same motor as my M, they are geared different so they get MUCH better MPG’s on the highway. Yes it’s a step down in luxury, but it’s not a huge step down as those cars are very well equipped and have nice interiors (IMO) for the price.

I can get almost 30mpg highway (27, 28 or so) on those 3.5’s compared to the whopping 22mpg I get on my M on the highway. That’s a big deal seeing as my fiance is from VA. I can’t even hit 400 miles on a 20 gallon tank (although I usually only get like 18 gallons if I go to very brink with the light on).

I’m doing this for 2 reasons:

1. Lower car payment - I’m getting married soon, etc. and will have more expenses than I do now.
  2. More efficient vehicle in terms of MPG (5-6mpg more) with half the mileage (or more). Looking between 25-40kmi.

My M is at 79,000. I’m hoping to get $20,500 from some dealer on trade-in. I can then turn around and buy a very decent Nissan 3.5 Altima or Maxima for ~$15k OTD and save myself not only $100-150 in gas a month but also $100 in car payment a month.

I’m getting married at the end of summer so I need to be a little more sensible with my where my money is going. Right now, owning that kind of car (with warranty about to expire) isn’t a smart decision. Who knows what that car will cost me when it starts getting up there in mileage without warranty. The amount of computers in that car is a scary thought.

This all could be useless though if I can’t get what I want. With warranty and nice wheels on it…I should be able to pay off my loan and then some. If they disagree, well…I guess I’ll just keep it and hope this thing is like anything else I’ve ever owned - solid.

I don’t think that your going to be able to cope with not having the superior interior of your m35x. What are you going to talk about on this forum then?

I say keep the m35x or get another Infiniti, you’ve spoken so highly of them the past year that it almost amazes me your looking at camrys.

you are better off with a 10/11 tsx. the interior is so much nicer, plus HIDsz.

So your getting laid at the end of summer ???

Yep John. :rofl

Anyway…I’m not trading in the M. I got offered 17k by one dealer for it when it retails for around $22-23k. I’m assuming all other dealers will be closer to their price than retail so…f that. I’ll just deal with it for now. My cousin (who lives here and in Ukraine) said he might be able to find someone overseas who’d be interested in it (man, this car would be BALLIN president style in Ukraine)…so we’ll see. Would be the only one in the country I think.

I understand making a grand or so on a car…but making 6k? F U.

did you seriously think they were going to offer you RETAIL price on a trade in??? Honestly im surprised they even offered you private party value… $4-6k is a normal profit on a car at a dealership dude… Theyve probably got $70-80k just in overhead per month lol

what yr is your m ilya? and its an m35X right? Sport package?? Nav/technology package?

I can make a call for you if youd like