2010 FIFA World Cup

Very Interesting draw.

USA drew with England, Algeria and Slovenia in Group C.

The host country has never qualified for the tournament and it looks like South Africa will continue that tradition. They drew with Mexico Uruguay and France.

That’s because the host country doesn’t have to qualify

I meant for the single elimination tournament. In other words, they’ll not make it out of their group.

really looking forward to USA vs. England. AND getting out of the first round.

What are you talking about? In the last 6 world cups the host has made it out of the group, probably longer than that but I can only think back the last 6. Germany, South Korea, France, USA, all made it out as hosts. France won the damn thing at home.

Oops, I meant the host has always made it out. I have no idea what I was doing on that first post.

France and Mexico are really good teams… and Uruguay is no slouch either… that tradition might stop at this WC, unless they have some magical cinderella run ala South Korea 2002…

Group G (Brazil, Portugal, Ivory Coast, North Korea) oh man… what a draw… it’s possible that a really good team will not make it through…

I can’t wait…

Yeah… i think it’ll happen… but the bad part is that if they finish 2nd in the group they have to play group D winner… most likely Germany…

looks like another 1 and out for the US :frowning:

Group G is fucking ridiculous. C’mon Portugal!!!

If Portugal finishes 2nd… they’d have a first round matchup with Spain… oh man… imagine that… the iberian peninsula will go fucking nuts

USA got a great group, Group G is insane and the possible Port vs Spain match up is going to be great. Very excited for this WC, wish I had the cash to go to South Africa for a month

:word:

Portugal will not advance, you heard it here first :slight_smile: