2010 Ford Shelby GT500

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/01/11/automobiles/autoshow/600-shelby-mustang.jpg

Ford is wasting no time rolling out variations on its perennially popular ponycar, and the restyled and revamped 2010 Ford {{{Shelby GT500}}} aims to trump its newfound competition with 540 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque – that’s the same 40-horse, 30-lb-ft bump the old GT500KR enjoyed over last year’s GT500. In fact, the engine is little changed from KR duty, although the addition of two knock sensors allows the timing to advance a bit, and a cold-air induction system improves breathing (the intake snorkel’s location in the grille is responsible for moving the Cobra badge to the opposite side).

The additional torque allowed SVT to alter the gearing in the Tremec TR6060, using the ultra tall 0.50:1 top gear to help boost fuel economy slightly, despite a slightly shorter axle ratio (3.55:1 versus 3.31:1). Another welcome upgrade reduces clutch-pedal effort by upsizing the twin-disc clutch from 215 mm to 250 and changing the friction material to an organic compound. The shorter-throw shifter is topped by a true white cue-ball (it’s actually manufactured by a company that makes billiard balls). As before, no automatic transmission is offered.

I have such a bonnnnnner for this car…:spunk:

The part on the hood looks auto zoneish. Other than that :tup:

this is the first time I’ve seen a picture of the new body-style and liked it.

ha you were just yappin about this shit last nite in front of toro

Awsome! i want one now.

looks mean…but its a ford :frowning:

im pretty sure this car has closed valve injection during closed loop, and open valve injection during open loop, which is as close to direct injection as you can get in a pfi set up. awesome.

I love the front end look, but I am not a fan of the back end.

i got to drive our while it was here for a few days…It feels alot more refined than the old gt500 as far as handling, its tight and the throttle response feels much improved…I love the inerior upgrades, they are fitting for a vehicle of this caliber…much better car overall just my 2cents

def a sexy lookin car, hope they sell lots =)

I should buy one, store it in a bubble for 30 years, and sell it for 500,000 (or whatever that will equal at that time from inflation)

i love everything about it EXCEPT that damn hood scoop.

perhaps this one will make more than 400whp on a dyno lol

x2 I think the new sequential turn signals on the stangs are kinda cool, but I wish they left them rectangular in shape. Front end is mean besides the lousy scoop.

I like the fact that it is not offered in an automatic.

That hood scoop needs to go.

I’ve seen a few of these bad boys down here, still slow. Look damn good though!

Average rwhp 420-444 for 07-09s…

Very kitted up…