2011? Buick Regal GS

clean exterior for a gm

So thats what the Saturn Red line Aura would have looked like…
minus the nice interior.

GM is a fail boat and a half. Why suddenly bring a sporty car back into Buick? It’s going to flop unless they over-haul their image before it’s release or it’s gonna slip under everyone’s radar IMO.

Yeah because the Buick Enclave and new Lacrosse are selling so poorly?

Edit: Buick was up 37% in December year over year

Relax LNF haters. The T4 performance was compairable if not better than that of the TTv6. Weighing in several hundred pounds less and getting substantually better fuel economy. So basicly the car performs the same or better with the 4, weighs less and gets better mileage. I don’t think that many people will be turned off due tot he lack of the bigger motor.

Salesmen are gonna definitley get some older people on the “it’s got your old v6’s power and 4 cylinder economy”.

unlikely.
I’ll bet they get them into base models with, “it’s pretty much the same engine, but without a turbocharger and the need for high octane gas”

Oh yeah they might be more likely to just use regular if they do get the turbo.

I wonder how often that happens with turbocharged cars actually, anyone with dealership exp know? Like the mazda suv’s with the turbo 4’s. A friend of mine picked me up in his new cx-7 (?) when he got it and I told him about premium gas and he let out a big FFFFFFUUUUUUUck.

They try not to tell you about the need for premium when you buy a turbocharged car.

it is not like they are getting one over or fooling them by saying that. It is true. I bet the highway mpg will be over 30.

if you don’t run premium gas the computer compensates by reducing power. It is not the end of the world. You just don’t go as fast. I can’t imagine that being a deal breaker for someone. Isn’t the cost difference only a couple bucks a tank?

Those poeple will likely just buy the base model cars.

When you do, sell me the 6 speed. I have plans for it in a Olds Calais…

Powering the GS is The General’s turbocharged 2.0-liter Ecotec inline-four, estimated to produce 255 horsepower at 5,300 rpm and 295 pound-feet of torque from 2,500 to 4,000 rpm. To any enthusiast’s delight, this power runs solely through a six-speed manual transmission, though we’re told that a six-speed automatic with paddle shifters will be available shortly after launch. The Opel OPC, for the record, receives a force-fed 2.8-liter V6 that generates 325 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque.

Unlike the show car that GM rolled out back in January (and unlike the Buick’s European counterpart), all-wheel drive will not be available on U.S.-spec models. Front-wheel drive doesn’t sound too elegant for a sport sedan like this, but GM has fitted its High Performance Strut (HiPerStrut) front suspension design which we’ve found to curb torque steer and reduce understeer in other applications. We asked GM why it decided to omit AWD, and the simple answer is this: It’s cheaper to use front-wheel drive and the automaker is completely confident that its HiPerStrut system will fare just as well

Well no AWD sucks, but still should be a fun car

Not bad… but would rather them take the Big fat camaro plateform and retro fit the late 80’s Grand National! V6 Turbo! But its cool! You’d figure it would be pretty sweet!

No AWD is the deal breaker.

Man GM just does not get it. They have the parts and platform to be competitive in that market yet as usual they quit @ 90%.

i don’t think i’ve ever even been in a Buick.

So its an old guy’s cobalt SS?

GM, quit being fags.

The buick line is stupid anyways. It’s like a caddilac/chevy hybrid class where the cars are some sort of pseudo luxury bs.

No, it won’t. Because many, many people buy cars based on drivetrain. No AWD = lost sales.

GM has done a lot of changing, but I still don’t think they completely “get” it yet.

They have their elbow on the pulse of America, a front wheel drive sports sedan!?! LMAO! Welcome to 1980? ROFL!
Maybe more bailout would help.lol(Not really funny)