2011? Buick Regal GS

At that price point they are competing with the SHO and Infiniti G37x, which will be hard to play in that segment with a 4 cyclinder.
But who pays sticker on a GM product?

with a turbo-4cyl, no way. With an LSx, yes way.

^^^exactly. Even if the HP is the same and has 100K warranty the 4cyl will kill it

Turbo 4’s are great when they are in 3k lb cars. Not so good in 4k lb cars. Needs more low-end torque.

Am I the only one that things that the signature Buick grill makes otherwise nice looking cars look like fucking farm equipment?

no, i thought the same thing

If I did by some chance own one (very slim chance, but hey), that grill would be the first thing to go. Maybe Opel has one that fits the same gap.

Assuming that GM just brings the car over with out major change, you can use the Opel one.

How do I know this? Here’s the pic they PS’d for the Regal. :wink:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/opel-insignia-opc_vauxhall-insignia-vxr_10.jpg

that grill looks WAY better

I actually prefer the buick interior to the SHO in the pics at least. I like both a lot but the buick seems a bit more functional and better laid out. It is hard to get over the performance figures though. hopefully it is lighter and has short gears so it can keep up with the competition… although their target customer might not give two shits about how fast their car can go. I know with a tune only the SHO’s are runnig mid 12’s.

edit: I bet the 4cyl will still be a lot of fun to cruise around in. The low weight and high mpg figures will certainly not hurt sales.

I saw this in a comment from another article:

Reports say the sport version of the Insignia with the 330 hp 2.8T weights close to 4000 lbs while the 220 hp 2.0T Regal weights slightly more than the base 2.4s 3600 curb weight.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2009/12/buick-regal-gs-coming-to-2010-detroit-auto-show.html

Has anybody driven a Saab with the turbo v6? It’s really not that great of an engine. Not very smooth.

that is really good news. That should be a peppy car to boot around in. the SHO is 4300lbs. The regal might be a good rival for it, and may even be faster in the turns.

Just if they decide to bring the turbo 6 over eventually, please do not call it the grand national or GNX. We all saw how well that went with the GTO.

at least it its not front wheel drive only.

Yeah GM is dumb, should of used the Direct inj. V6, and turbo’d it or something. Also think it should of used the Zeta Plateform “Camaro” then just made it like like the 80’s Grand National… But nice car but… eh

I like it but I’m with the “wtf mate, where’s the power train options” group.

Should be a 2door IMO

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that GM will sell more cars gearing it towards average “older” buyers and not young automotive enthusiasts.

Though at the same time I am also hoping they underrated the HP figures like on the old GN’s.

They really should have a TT v6 version, becuase of them going with a 4 cylinder, I dont think I want to buy it. However that is a really really hot car!!!

Recent quote by Bob Lutz:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2010/01/500x_buick_regal_dead_2.jpg