2011? Buick Regal GS

[FONT=Arial]The Regal GS is based directly on the high-performance OPC version of the Opel Insignia, but instead of using the foreigner’s 325-horsepower turbocharged V6, Buick is sticking with its four-cylinder-only strategy for the Regal. The GS is powered by a higher output version of the 2.0-liter direct-injected EcoTec four-cylinder that we’ve come to know and love in numerous GM products over the few years, with the tell-tale dual portholes on either side of its hood indicating its intentions. In this application, powertrain engineers have re-tuned the engine from its original 260 hp and 260 pound-feet of torque to 255 hp and 295 pound-feet. The GS is also equipped with a six-speed manual gearbox

The front wheels are equipped with 14-inch cross-drilled rotors and four-pot mono-block calipers

Using the latest edition of the Haldex-based torque vectoring system that served duty in the Saab Turbo-X, the Regal should be able to send power to the wheels that need it most and move the car in any direction the driver wants with ease.

heavily bolstered Recaro thrones

We expect it to arrive sometime in 2011 with a price tag somewhere in the mid- to upper-$30K range.

[/FONT]

Kind of wish they went with the V6 turbo but this should at least change the stereotype of a Buick buyer

6speed!!!

:tup:

6MT and AWD

So badass. I approve.

Ugh, why wouldnt they make the turbo 6 at least an option? So much potential there especially already having the platform.

that looks big and heavy

Also the Saab Turbo X has a turbocharged 2.8-liter V6, granted that only produced 280 horsepower

The Opel version of this was just tested in the last Top Gear.

wow. never expected anything like this. i like.

I like alot except for the 4 cyl

D just buy it and throw in an LS3

i dig it.

So it’s an N/A 4cyl?

I bet the stupid thing stickers at $40k+.

Looks nice.

Oh yea!

Me likey.

I like this but at 35-40K I’ll buy something else…

No I beleive it is the LNF

A turbocharged direct injected (redubbed Spark Ignition Direct Injection) Ecotec was introduced in the 2007 Saturn Sky Red Line. It is a longitudinally mounted engine. Displacement is 2.0 L—1,998 cc (121.9 cu in)—with a square 86 millimetres (3.4 in) bore and stroke. Compression is 9.2:1 and maximum boost is 1.4 bar (20.0 psi), delivering 260 hp (190 kW) at 5300 rpm and 260 lb·ft (350 N·m) of torque from 2500–5250 rpm