2011? Buick Regal GS

I was talking to someone yesterday and they beleive AWD variants of the Regal are on their way. So maybe it will be an option similar to the Lacrosse CXL which AWD is a $2,500 option.

Let’s hope so, I want to see Buicks more like this

http://images.customrodder.com/hotnews/0604cr_17z+buick_gsx+left_front_view.jpg

and less like this

http://www.ridejudge.com/rides/00043413.jpg

THANK YOU. Someone at my kid’s daycare has a new Buick and it’s a really sharp looking car from every angle but the front. Did the guy that came up with Subaru’s pig nose leave Subie and get a job over at Buick?

Buicks aren’t luxury vehicles, simple put. Just as Hyundai’s are not luxury vehicles.

they try to be though… that’s sort of where they go wrong(my opinion), and why the whole line should be erased.

if it had AWD I would have to seriously consider it for my next car purchase. Guess I’ll wait to see what ford does with the focus ST or if they bring us an RS

Have you been in a new Lacrosse? My mom just picked up a decked out CXS a couple months ago and it’s the nicest interior I’ve seen south of like $60k. Not slow for what it is either, 280 HP VVT V6 with manual mode.

They must be doing something right because it’s the first GM I’ve ever seen where they wouldn’t come down a penny past what we were eligible for in rebates at ANY dealer unless she took a demo car…said they had no problem selling them without. I checked every dealer within 250 mi. Whereas the G37 that we cross-shopped they were knocking over $7k off all over the place.

Have you ever been in a decked out nissan murano? AWESOME interior, and they don’t need a whole new brand to sell it as such. There is a massive difference between a base murano(cloth, basic electronics) and a decked out murano(nice leather, bluetooth, nav, 270hp, etc…). If you need more ballerness, you jump up to infinit. My point is, they should just option up one of their current mid-size chevy’s, rather than have this whole pseudo-luxury brand. Then if you need even more, you move up to a caddy and get a CTS.

So really my biggest issue is not the car itself, but how GM insists on branding their cars. This should just be an optioned out caprice or w/e.

Buick exists for one reason, to keep old people away from the Cadillac “image” that GM has been spending millions to “fix”.

The transmission that this car comes with, is built to work with AWD and the car is offered over seas under several brands, all of which have AWD.

Fucking bean counters.

The main reason for keeping Buick was China. It’s seen as the car you buy when you’ve made it over there and you’re ready to look like a baller.

They’re going a different route with Cadillac. Cadillac is going to be their performance-luxury division, competing with BMW. Buick is going to be where all of the old-man FWD floaty Cadillac type cars move to, and offer like a value-priced Lexus. The Lacrosse, at least in the interior, is actually much nicer than the CTS, but the CTS is sporty and RWD.

Those are all just lame excuses. There are plenty of brands that function quite well with 2 brands. 1 normal and 1 luxury.

Most of them are newer and haven’t had a chance to build a rep. The CTS-V can break every record in the book and if everyone at the Cadillac dealer is 85 year olds looking at simulated convertible tops and gold trim on Sedan DeVille’s, it’s not going to be taken seriously by the younger demographic.

Yeah other than I just read the XTS which replaces the DTS and STS will be FWD and AWD. Unlike the departing STS which was RWD and AWD.
Granted there is also rumors of a 7 series competor built on the Zeta RWD platform.

They will have a car to be competitive in that market,However,it will not be available to the general public…lol