2011 Climb to the Clouds - June 26

anyone else going?

www.climbtotheclouds.com

I’m planning on heading up Saturday morning, staying Saturday and Sunday nights. Staying at the Royalty Inn in Gorham (alot of the hotels are filling up, so reserve now)

All the info is on the site, but apparently this year you’ll need to buy event tickets to gain access… then if you want to spectate from the halfway point (the best viewing IMO apart from being a course worker) you need to buy a ticket for that, AT THE EVENT.

I went to the last official race there in 2001, and it was fucking amazing.

I’m going to be a corner worker so ill be there.

I was going to head out and stay at Sam 's dad’s place which was right on the mountain but work/timing just never panned out to my benefit.

Going to be nuts though. Be sure to get good footage/pics of Mike Ryan’s run in the Freightliner! That thing is absolutely ridiculous and is going to be a beast going up that stretch of road.

most definitely!

I guess he was up there the other week checking out the road.

Sounds like a great event! A bit far to ride up there…

No such thing.

You rode to Loudon track day for Christ sake!

in 2001, i did this event as a day trip.

i have NO IDEA HOW…

In my defense, I was younger back then. :ahh :lol

I think to Mt.Wash add another 1hr+ to the trip.

4.5 hours from albany I was just up there over the weekend. I think driving the auto road is scarier than hiking the mountain on foot. As a cheaper alternative to staying in Gorham you can camp at Dolly Copp campground right down the road from the mountain. Its 20 bucks a night for one car. 5 bucks for one additional car. They have bathrooms and showers on the grounds too.

bump!

anyone else going? I’ll be checking out the paddock area Saturday afternoon, then getting up as the asscrack of dawn to ensure i get a ticket for the halfway point spectator area. gates open and spectator area tickets go on sale at 6am

Unlikely, I’ll be working early in the morning on Sat, and have suspension adjustment date with Rocketpunch on Sun morning.

Take some pictures however!

:excited Mike Ryan is through tech

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267399_240154369329428_240150539329811_1027354_4493995_n.jpg

i love that truck, detroit FTW!

cumming buckets…

OMG I just came all over my desk. Time to call the IT department and get a new keyboard