2013 GT500

the back two seats fucking blow, idk why they are there, not just on this, but every stang, camaro, challenger, i wish they would just let it be a two door sports car

That’s the appeal. Always has been.

According to Jalopnik, the 2013 GT500 will be just shy of $49k while the ZL1 will be almost $55k.

Insurance reasons.

Hate mustangs with a passion but goddam those seats are sexy! And I’m very impressed with the numbers

That can’t be right, the current GT500’s sell for that according to the article the OP linked.

oh quit your bitching. This sounds like it would be brutal to drive. I wonder if they took any of what they learned from the ford GT and adapted it to this engine?

You would think they would worry about Putting it to the ground and handling instead of going that much power stock

Although it is rather impressive

Easy fix with some control arms and sticky tires.

Agreed.

I was thinking the same thing, basically how easy it was for anyone to get more power out of the 5.4 in the GT.

Yeah… not a fan. Mustang is a mustang. Everyone has them. And I’m not up to pay the X amount they want for a mustang, when I’m sure I can go with something else more enjoyable and not something you see all over.

Also disapointed with Ford in never producing one model that is a 2 seater. You would think the high end one would be made into a 2 seater… or they would at least make 1 model. Hell whats the price difference between the stang and a corvette. Id rather have my fun in a Corvette.

For the projected price I would stick with an AMG

You were saying?

What? The 5.4L is a totally different engine then the 5.0 in the GT. The new 5.0 is the LS1 for Ford.

I was saying a mustang. I knew they had this. This thread was about the mustang.

Hasn’t been produced in 5 years, VERY limited production run and outside any normal persons price range. Even new these were selling for $100K over sticker. Poor comparison IMO. Has anyone stacked one of these up against a Zr1 stock for stock?

:picard:

From the first line of the second paragraph in the article:

While punching out the 5.4-liter aluminum-block V-8 out to 5.8 liters,

Shelbys have had the 5.4L, same engine as the GT. Now it displaces 5.8L.

this car blows away it’s real competition so now it has to be compared to corvettes bec GM fell short? whats next vipers because this kills the challenger?

This thread is about the '13 GT500. Not your typical 'stang.

He’s confusing the Ford GT with a Mustang GT.