2013 GT500

Yeah I was talking about the Ford GT not Mustang GT

So everyone doesnt have a corvette? Stop by froghair on a friday night, looks like a corvette parking lot.

This car is not about exclusivity as much as it is about performance. If you want exclusivity you have to buck up and buy a Ford GT.

Fuck you guys. It’s a nice looking car, has lots of horsepower, and isn’t out of the realm of affordability.

Jesus Christ, it’s like a damn playground on here. Wah Wah Wah.

And hell, I’m not even a fan of domestics lol.

Its still a Mustang…:fail:

Simply put, they still have not made a Mustang in a 2 seat form.

As for people saying now they are comparing it to a Corvette. Well whats the price difference between the two? And I’m sure the Ford GT is well over priced compared stock for stock to the zr1.

I’m not necessarily impressed with an extra .4 liters and an extra 6psi only picking up 100/90

Wonder what the aftermarket will offer in this realm. Not that everyone would need more than 650HP…nah who am I kidding that shit is weak!

Just like the previous model years, toss blower and idler pulleys, tune and intake on it.

When someone says GT I think Mustang GT not GT40.

The 5.4L is old technology. I’m really not impressed with 650 crank horse out of a 5.8L with a power adder. Especially when Roush sells a blower for a 5.0L Mustang GT that produces 540hp for $6,000 with a 3y/36K warranty.

I’ll say 650 is nice from the factory and that with a tune and simple mods I bet you’ll see 700whp.

+1

What?
I saw a thread on allpar saying they might push it to 8.7, but I have never heard a 8.8 rumor.
The 8.4 liter crate motor they brought to Sema was 800 horsepower and 695 lb-ft of torque.

From what I hear, the Viper will be 8.4 and based on those number I doubt they are going to build another motor.

Boss302 w/Laguna Seca package has deleted rear seat.

Thats would be much better! Sorry, but people dont buy a GT500 to fit people in the back seat, usually just 2 people in the car. 1 driving, 1 passenger. Since this is more of a unique car, they should have produced it as a 2 seat car. Again, IMO not anyone elses.

600lb-ft of torque from a 2013 5.8 supercharged V8? Yawn. My how the horsepower wars make big numbers seem not so impressive anymore. lol

Another article I found… and to ref. the “this is 2 years away line”. 2012s on are the streets. 2013 MY comes out in Aug/Sept usually. This car is 10-11 months away.

Just read the release on the 2013 Mustang, The GT500 is going to have a supercharged 5.8 engine with a ton of other goodies…

Yet another argument for the contention that we’re living in a golden era for American muscle cars arrives with the 2013 Ford Mustang, which will sport a brace of tech and styling updates across its line — including the most powerful V8 engine sold by any automaker in the world. How much trouble could you get in with a 200-mph ‘Stang?

The original pony car has survived 46 years only through annual tweaking between major redesigns, and offering a broad enough model range to lure in everyone from high-schoolers to professional drag racers. Thanks to the competition with the revived Chevrolet Camaro, there’s more muscle in muscle cars than ever before; today’s base V6 Mustang has more grunt than the V8 flashed seven years ago.

The biggest change comes at the top, where the Ford Shelby GT500 gets 100 extra ponies under the hood, giving the supercharged 5.8-liter V8 650 hp and 600 lb.-ft of torque — more than any Camaro, Corvette or even the Ferrari 458 Italia. Every part of the Shelby was tweaked in some fashion to handle the power riot, along with a launch control system for better controlled top-speed starts. The only thing not included are the numbers of local bail bondsmen.

For 2013, the exterior gets a freshening in some details, namely a beefed-up grille and different wheel combinations and smoked tail lamps. For the more boastful Mustang owners, a light in the side-view mirror will project the pony logo on the ground when you unlock the car.

The V6 keeps its 305 hp output, while the standard 5-liter V8 in the GT models now tops 420 hp, a gain of 8 hp. The six-speed automatic transmission now offers an optional mix-your-own-gear mode for weekend auto crossers. For the more serious track day adherents, there’s also an upgrade to the brakes, cooling and suspension tweaks from the Boss 302.

To make the fun a little more technical, the dash computer will now come with what Ford calls Track Apps, programs that can measure g-forces, 0-60 and quarter-mile runs and braking data. It’s like having “Motorweek” in your dash. The Boss 302 gets by with a carryover 444-hp V8 and the same appearance changes — and a new color of school bus yellow paint. Your move, Camaro.

people that are complaining that it is not making enough power for what the engine is need to step back and know what ford has left on the table for tuners. I am confident it has a brutal tq curve never mind the peak numbers that people love to hump

I am not complaining just merely comenting on the times. I grew up when Mustangs had 225hp but now cars have gotten crazy(good).

I’ll be trading up to one of these in the future. So Newman, you called it, no 800hp monster.

Yet.

Really? Complaining that the Mustang doesn’t come in a 2 seater? It’s a fucking mustang. It should be pretty clear that the mustang has been very successful because the formula works. How many 16 yr old girls want a corvette?

I agree that Ford should make a corvette killer (again) but it isn’t the mustang. Never will be.

i thought the ford gt was going to be the vette killer but IMO it was a step above and the low production and high cost left me wondering where the ford GT was meant to be in the lineup… still sweet though.

back in the late 80’s the vehicle code name GN34 was designed to fight the vette but it never made production. That project also birthed the SHO engine

The Ford GT was a fun car, no doubt, but never intended to be their long term flagship. The Mustang is such a value, more specifically, the 2013 GT500, they don’t really need a $100k car to beat up on the ZR1. Let the ZR1 be the rich people’s vette… and the GT500 for the blue oval boys. 2 different classes for sure.

Nice but still a Mustang, a $50k+ mustang. Electronically-adjustable shocks…oh sweet 1980s technology is on a comeback. I do like those recaro’s.