What Ford has in store for the ZL1

5.8l and TVS

Guys in Australian are putting down 600whp on the new 5.0’s. I wonder why they don’t work off a variant of that engine?

this

but honestly probably because moar displacement = bigger penis.

The new 5.0 is a stout engine but cannot withstand more than 9lbs safely.

they sure love that solid rear axle, also, its an awesome car, but like the camaro and challenger (especially), they could really trim the fat so the stang could be compared to the vette, since the viper left, the only thing that does domestic wise is the GT, which Ford doesnt really seem to change at all

I have to imagine it would be cheaper to swap some internals rather than modify a engine that is on its way out the door. Or even better get back to the rumors from years ago of a “eco boost” 5.0 or even better than that drop the 6.2 in it. A couple psi on that and 600whp would come really easy. Don’t mind me I just don’t have a lot of love for the 5.4 engine in general. I feel that is has been out dated for many years, but in all honesty I have not followed its changes much over the years either so maybe my dislike for it is due to my lack of knowledge.

Looks like a cool plan

I was watching UFC with a guy that is working on this the other night. Great stats they are trying to achieve, plus they are working with a lighter platform.
Great how more beer = more data when dealing with :snky: engineers

Sorry…

ZL1 > That

sorry…

that > zl1

Is there any stats out there on the ZL1? dealer brouchers are fun to read but what has it run at the track? I mean has anyone even proved that it’s faster that a current GT500?

That’s awesome! Any other tidbits to share?

Just that when I asked about top speed and the fact the the CTS-V with an LSA can hit 191, he just smirked.
My guess is 200 is being considered/targeted.

since it dosent start production until Jan. 2012 no one owns one yet