2013 NHRA rules relaxed for 2008+ vehicles.

Dude forget it then. I give up. If people want to live life by what ifs and chance so be it. I am not here to tell them any different. And believe you me I could give two fucks if someone chooses to ignore the efforts people, agencies and organizations put forth to keep them as safe as possible and they get crushed in their cars. Too bad for them. And no it won’t affect me sitting at my computer right now, but it does affect me, you and everyone else in little ways people choose to ignore or not even think of. Entry fees, costs for insurances, equipment costs for building cars, … everything has a cause and effect. Say next season some fluke of luck a thousand people crash somehow and get killed because they ignored the rules. Drivers, track owners, and inspectors. You can’t tell me that insurance costs for the tracks won’t go up, and be passed on to drivers and spectators. You can’t tell me that alot can change. Will it, probably not, never denied that, all I am saying is forethought goes a long way in life.

And the oil thing proves exactly what I have been saying and people can’t wrap their heads around. A simple malfunction (cause) can lead to much worse (high speed crash) and if someone took a gamble on their safety they might pay the price (effect). The cage rule ENCOMPASSES a lot of smaller safety factors that could creep up; like oil lines leaking, wheels flying off, suspension breaking, steering wheel coming off in your hand… many things that are unfeasible to check with a microscope. so the big picture (a cage) is the blanket that covers up those things and gives people a glimmer of hope that if something happens they are going to be ok.

All I did here was correct the assumptions someone made about some fucking numbers and letters on a publication, and I got ridiculed for using my fucking head and giving a shit about people and this sport.

fuck it. do as you all please.