2013 NHRA rules relaxed for 2008+ vehicles.

And there is the perfect example. Pete, you know I love ya man so dont take offense to this.

John is right, it has alot to do with age, wisdom, and how much they have to loose. There is a big difference in outlook between a guy that respects the sport they love, thinks things through more, and has alot more to loose if something goes wrong, than a younger person with alot less to worry about. Its the same shit I saw in MotoX. Young punk kids trashing a bike and other riders, breaking rules and riding like retards, just to win a trophy. If they break their leg they get to sit at home and hang out for 2 months. If you break MY leg, i might not put food on the table. SmokinnnSS quit for the same reason I did. Its the same with car racing. Nobody here makes money, let alone a living runing their cars. Bending and breaking rules is just ignorant to the people who have alot more on the lines if something happens, just like amature MX is.

And you dont have to hack up a car to cage it. The NHRA guidelines are about the loosest out there for roll cages. You dont need to alter the interior at all to put a basic one in. The only modifications you need to make would be drilling some 5/8" dia holes in the floors to bolt the plates in. NHRA allows you to bolt in cages, as long as the hardware and everything meets their specs.