2014 Where to get a fish fry thread AKA unhealthy eating banter

We’ve got a thread from 08 on fish fry’s, thought that might be a bit dated.

I’m not a huge fish fry fan, but I have a friend coming in from out of town this weekend that wants to grab one. I’m in North Buffalo. Had one from wellington a few years ago, was not impressed.

Where should we go?

@PumiceT :slight_smile:

24K on Rt. 5, best fish in town. :tup: :slight_smile:

Blackthorn in South buffalo. Deer head Inn on clinton also is great.

No shortage of good ones in town…Hoaks on the Lake comes to mind immediately (can’t beat the view either), but here’s a sleeper pick…Tops in N. Buffalo has an amazing fish fry…truly, they do…

Vizzi’s?

That was my suggestion…Never had it there, but looked good when I was in there. Remember Cash Only.

I did a season of reviews last year, on http://GoodAndSneaky.com

Big winners were Gino’s Pizza Place on Fries Rd. in Tonawanda (take-out), and Shannon Pub on Niagara Falls Blvd. in Tonawanda (dine-in).

• Updated - - -

Hoak’s had some weird ass corn meal coating. Not beer battered.

Sweeney Hose Co. in NT. Fridays only as far as I know.

Shannon Pub is also solid.

Haven’t been in a couple of years, but Papa Jake’s used to put out a really good fry

Wellington Pub has a cajun fish fry which is thebomb.com

Theirs is pretty good. I am always there and grab one a few times a month.

Not anywhere near North Buffalo, but I think the best one I’ve had was from Hayes Seafood. Breaded not battered.

Maggie’s on military. I’ve only had their take-out though.

+1
Freshest(?) fish in the area!

ended up going to wellington because it was in walking distance and we had already started boozin, and they were already sold out just after 7 pm! bushleague.

If its the Haye’ on Harlem I they either moved or closed.

Hmm…I ordered mine around 8:30 and the waitress said they still had maybe 10-15 more. Shortly after we got ours, they announced they were out of fish.

It was pretty good, nice and flavorful. I think I’m going to try Dooley’s by my house this friday.

its entirely possible i messed up the time. in fact, i definitely did, but i didnt think it was that late.

So what really happened is that you were throwing the bar condiments around shortly after midnight demanding fish and they asked you to leave?