Good, non-mainstream, Restaurants

Heyo… well I tend to eat at the same run of the mill restaurants day in and day out. Pizza Plant, Montanas, Jade, Outback, Roadhouse, blah blah blah. Nothing too crazy, nothing new. Same plates everytime I go.

The girlfriend comes in this weekend and I was trying to think of some good places for a meal with my family and then a night when we just go out. We’ll eat ANYTHING as we did over the summer in NYC. Anyone care to offer up some ideas?

The Coda. Nuff said.

www.the-coda.com

IMO Best restaurant in buffalo.

+1

I’ve been there a number of times.

gabriels gate. not fancy by any means, but good eats.

Al e oops is in lancaster, its a cheap place to get some bbq and take the whole family.

Lots of great restaurants in the city…

good casual places: Gabriels Gate, Colter Bay, Jimmy Macs, Coles, Fat Bobs, Betty’s, Brodo, Laughlins

more upscale: Le Metro, Toro, Hutch’s, Tempo, Mothers, Rue Franklin, Brownstone Seafood House, Chophouse

The king and I

its off kenningston im pretty sure, its taiwanese food.

very good if you like that type of food

edit: really isnt fancy if thats what your looking for but def good food

not taiwanese

thai, as in thailand.

and yes, king and i is delicious!

Laughlins is great, corner of tupper and franklin.

hutch’s is good as well, on delaware just south of west delavan

lol i knew it was a thai food place…stupid me thought thailand was taiwanese

im good friends with the owner.

really? me too! although it has been way too long since i have seen kim…

yup we opened a rc car track with kim, and have been good friends with him ever since.

:tup: Ill start looking into these places. Its funny how Ive lived here my entire life and I know so few of these “gems”.

Famous Daves Legendary Pit Bar-b-Que. on Walden in Cheektowaga. Best barbie ever.

go to Root5 its on the water nice view from the inside, good prices. i think they have a website

Great list.

Better than Dinosaur?

Anybody ever been to Fiamma Steak? It looks pretty classy. http://www.fiammasteak.com

I know someone here has been there a number of times. I can’t think of who it was now.

I like Brennan’s and the French Pub

india gate, panos, falafel bar, poppyseed.

^poppyseed has to be the gayest/most dyked out restaurant ever, but they do have good food. not live i’ve ever been there before or anything…