20k ish budget. Need a year round DD.

The sedan trunk would fit my needs. I’m surprised how much room there is for dead hookers in the sedan trunk.

I’ve never noticed any problems with the AC. I’ve driven the car down to the carolinas in late August and it kept the car cool. (it was mid 90s with 85% humidity) Summer is better for the MPGs for sure. I also blocked off the front grill during winter, helps the car warm up. Coasting down the GI bridge in the morning when the car was 75% up to temp made the temperature drop without the grill cover. ha

Thats funny, because weren’t you leaning towards VW initially? With that route you should have no problem averaging above 40, probably lower to mid 40s would be realistic. My route (driving 16 miles round trip each day for work) is not the best environment for a TDI. The reason I keep it is because its perfect for roadtrips. Considering I put 23K on it in a year and a half, I’ve done at lot of ‘extra’ driving.

and the leg room in the back seat really good if your hauling passengers or have kids and car seats.

Yeah, I was. I got such a stupid deal on the focus that I couldn’t pass it up (7K off msrp).

I’m around 40K in the first year, my daily commute is 28k alone. I was going to replace my Jeep with a truck this year, but now I think my wife will just take the Ford(she loves that car) and I’ll get the wagon I wanted to get last year. I’ll keep the Jeep for towing the boats and the times I’d prefer having 4wd, and save 20K over what I would have spent on a new truck.

I need to start negotiating for a larger garage.

http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34802&stc=1

Forester XT

E46 M3… wait what thread is this?

LOLLLL

let me guess the US dollar goes a lot farther in Canadaland

wtf is up with paypal broo???

Buy a higher milage Trailblazer SS for Sub $15K. Keep 5K in the bank for when things fail, like the tranny. When it does buy a built 4l70e and a 3000 stall for $2800. Still have about $2500 left over to pay for the 15mpg you get.

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/05q4/267357/chevrolet-trailblazer-ss-photo-5190-s-original.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Trailblazer-SS-Sport-Utility-4-Door-/281656002652?forcerrptr=true&hash=item419401885c&item=281656002652

Do they offer the G8 with a third pedal?

Yes, but they can be difficult to find due to being offered only in the GXP.

G35? Aren’t they 300 ish hp? @bing iirc you had /have one?

If I were in the market for a 2 door coupe, that I’m not trying to make fast, I would buy a 2008 328i coupe. Simple NA 6, quick and just all around way nicer than a g35, more room in the back too.

At least get a 330i

I’m not understanding the logic of suggesting smaller cars or luxury cars when the use will be regularly towing with room for extra parts(probably in an environment which will get things dirty). I can see awd cars or midsize cars with the larger motors…but that’s about it.

I could fit 3 tires in the wrx. They are 25x8x12 and 25x10x12. My gear I keep in a plastic tote so I can pile it in after a race. Tools are in a small bag and a lap top.

great cars, Infiniti G cars should be taken over BMW 3 series cars all day long other than M cars.

much cheaper to run long term

im not really sure im buying into that…sure the n54/n55 motors have their common issues but the n52 seems like the bulletproof workhorse of the e82/e90/e60 chassis