230 mpg chevy volt???

SHIT ! lol i came in too late i wanted to mention that movie too and the EV1

they were all crushed

what fuckin bullshit

not my words, but…
"There’s all sorts of buzz going around on the internet today about the Chevy Volt and the 230 mpg rating it’s getting from the government. But when you look at how that number was reached, you’ll see that it’s not so cut and dry.

Essentially, the Volt can drive 40 miles on battery power before kicking in the gas engine. So if you drive 10 miles, you’ll get infinite miles per gallon. If you drive 50 miles, you’ll get 250 miles per gallon. But if you drive 300 miles, you’ll be down to 62.5 miles per gallon.

It’s still impressive, but it’s the kind of car where MPG isn’t as good an indicator of fuel efficiency as normal vehicles."

so i guess you could turn off the car after 40 miles and restart it while driving for another 40 and keep going like that? it just doesnt make sense to me…

i’ll stick to German and Japanese vehicles.

no, after 40 miles it has to be plugged in and charged, or it will run on gas only.

it doesnt get plugged in though…

“An EREV functions as an electric car until its batteries are depleted to a certain level; then it starts a small gasoline engine. That engine, however, doesn’t drive the wheels - it merely acts as a generator to recharge the batteries.”

so, yeah…shit is gay. now, if they had the system like honda did on the insight where braking charged the batteries as well, this would be even better…

RADoman