230 mpg chevy volt???

seen this on yahoo this afternoon and its kinda intresting to see if the epa is going to back it in the future…seems reasonably b/c the generator doesn’t use that much gas to replenish the amperage used

It’ll get crushed at the end of the first lease cycle. Mark my words.

ghey

the govt tax relief is like $7800…i wudn’t be surprised if its a flop…most of these hybrid cars are rediculas for parts and not something you can easily wrench on

still ugly

I like the idea of it. Granted i’m going to assume that it’s carbon footprint is still huge, I really don’t give a fuck. I drive less than 2 miles to work everyday, I could go a month on one charge with that car and never have to buy gasoline again. I would save $100/month or so in gas.

I am not worried about working on it, because it will most likely have a warranty associated with the vehicle. If it is in the right price range I would buy it.

i believe they said somewhere around 40,000…but that was unsure…

idk about the whole warantee deal i know a few people that ha ve been burned lately on it…something about misuse and neglect

Anyone else think it looks like a Prius with a Malibu front end?

Nah, dont get me wrong, I for one am incredibly enthusiastic about EVs. But there’s too many people relying on the ICE for income to allow it to happen so easily. History will probably repeat itself, unfortunately. Anyone interested in electric vehicles should watch “Who Killed the Electric Car?”

Remember the GM EV1?

You could save $100 a month on gas sure, but you would be spending 40k on a car to drive 2 miles to work

this is old news…

saw a show on this months ago.

Dont you feel special

didnt realize thats what its about.

Yeah, I did a research paper on electric vehicles last year, used alot of that movie.

I did not realize they were going to be sold for $40K. Like I said if it is in the right price range. $40K for that car is more than I am willing to spend.

If they’re $40k they gotta be fucking retarded for trying to sell it.

Who killed the electric car was deffinatly an eye opening movie… its funny too because i dont remember hearing much about the first “EV1” in the news or much lik ethat…

Then you see a fuckin country full ove EV1s… its like district 9 in real life… only i dont think the cars will try to kill you.

I loved how they raised the money to get some of the cars out too but GM said go fuck yourself

well you would have idiots that would buy it. just like when people buy the hybrid civic for $6k more than the EX which is 6k in gas…

im not a fan of hybrids, even though im looking for a 00-02 Insight…