240sx Car Cover - what's best?

In the market for a car cover for one or both of my cars for the winter…

anyone know of one that is very well suited for S13 / s14?

I went to Princess Auto and got the 15’ car cover. It was $30 and fits my kouki snug.

I got one at wallmart for S13, around 45 bucks just check the dimensions, I think it was 170 inch length. I like it, fits well, has a elastic lining so it hugs car. its a grey color.

car covers can be DOOOM for the clear coat. I had my cover get wet then freeze, left some nice surface scratchs on the hood.

if you store a car inside a garage for the winter, I dont see why you would need a car cover, all it does is make things worse. If it was outside, thats a different story.

i use the princess auto one and a canadian tire one. keeps the cars clean and protected nicely…as theres lots of movement in my garage in the winter. they are a lil big on s13 but work fine.

if its outdoor, you need a quality cover thats about $80-120

if its inside a garage, the $30 princess auto one will do fine

yeah outdoor…

i have one garage spot, likely for my coupe and my S14 will be outdoors because it’s my back up car in case my winter car goes down.

i’ll be moving the S14 into the garage when the S13 is out for work.

DUST, then there’s times when you have to open the garage sometimes to shovel the snow and what not. That’s to name a couple reasons bro.

Dust absorbs water but very little. So it’s not harmful as long as the temperatures outside are in the minuses. When the tempretature gets to the plus range, just wash the car and put it back.

i have one of those multi layer ones and it worked great last year… il check the name when i get home… but yeah i think it was regular 160+ but got it on sale. A little bit of hw on covers may not be a bad idea as well. especially if you have some nice paint.

I got mine through AutoDynamics in Beamsville. Was 100something. or close to 200.
Amazing cover.

Outside though. Tarp on top of car cover and strapped real good underneath the car. Your golden.

i can’t find, the box it came in, but check out canadian tire they may have McGuires ( i have no clue how to spell it but the company slogan “Car Crazy” so you may know what im talking about) car covers on sale, that have multi layers to protect from ice and moisture and an internal layer that protects the cars finish. Get at least medium size! not small

a tarp! lol

If it’s out doors get a Car Storage Capsule!!!

outdoor version:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/classic-tech/67441d1240380305-carcoon-car-capsule-anyone-ever-used-them-carcoon.jpg

Indoor version:

http://www.mycarvault.com/images/carcapsule03.gif

LINK?? looks neat :smiley:

2 King size blankets and duct tape all around… last year i went all out and used large pillow covers on all 4 wheels!

then in the summer i used the same sheets too dry the car after the first wash and wax of the year!

seriously. Got a link?

edit never mind. Looks like you can only rent them or something.

blankets work and stay dry lol ? that so ghetto

The company that manufactures them is called Carcoon
here’s a link

http://carcooncanada.ca/product-outdoor-airflow-system.php

There are more companies that manufacture bubble car covers you just got to do a little research on the net and you will find them. Car coon might be a little expensive but at least it’s Canadian based therefore no customs!