240sx Tranny swap!

ok so i am not the actual owner of the 240 i own a talon lol. but i am the one doing all the work on his car sooo how hard is it going to be to change the tranny on a 1991 Nissan 240SX with the KA24 motor in it, it is a 5speed manual car. the reson for the swap is the guy who owned it previously F**KED the first 3 syncros in it so we found a local donar 240sx and picked it up for 500 bucks. it had been written off from a flood the car was never run after the flood and water barely made it in the car. so we asume everything is ok. the car has a brand new head on it as well as a new clutch and flywheel so we were thinking about taking that to.

so my questions are:

what tools will we need

how long will this take

will we need any “SPECIAL TOOLS”

thanks for the help… and does anyone know were i can get a 240 for cheeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaap???

i

ok well this is confusing, but if your going to be changing the motor and transmit ion ( both are standard), then it should take about 5 hrs to remove and put in a new one. tools, well sockets, screw drivers, and lots of lunch bags for parts.

If your just switching the 5 speed with another 5 speed, it will take at lease 2 hrs to pull out and probably the same to replace. It took me a while because i had a few breaks. to do this you will need:
-Drain the oil(1/2 ratchet)
-remove drive shaft bolts (18mm i beleive)
-bell housing bolts (12mm socket with extensions/universals)
-remove wiring plugs
-remover center console and shift boot( just pull on the plastic cover, 10mm socket to remove rubber boot)

• remove trans mount (17mm socket)
    -remove shifter (6 10mm bolts holding it on. need to remove trans mount to make it easy to remove them)
    -oh and bag everything so you can put them back in the right spot

That should be everything. im just going off the top of me head. If you run into any problems send me a pm.

ps. if you want a 240sx for cheep, kijiji.ca or son240sx.org. But you must know, if its cheep, theirs a reason. Im sleeking from 3 240sx bought for cheep.(i wont do again).