Need help with transmission swap

Hey everyone… so my 2nd gear in my 240 is fuckerd and it seems to be alot cheaper to just pick up a good used tranny than it is to replace gears and or syncro’s… is there anyone that would be able to help me swap in a new tranny… NOTE: i dont have a place to do it … and i dont have alot of tools… soo if someone with tools and a place to do it … im willing to toss in some cashola to the person that helps if needed… or hey i can allways go buy beer!! lol

It’s not very hard. Jackstands or Desro’s should be fine.

yea well ive never done a tranny swap b4 so im kinda looking for someone with a bit more experiance in the matter… anyone ?

man it is so easy! if you have a 14mm socket, 14mm wrench, some extenions, a uni joint, and a few other wrenches and sockets, a jack and some stands, you can do it in few days… its as simple as putting everything back in that you put took out… maybe even take pics so you dont forget… i did the clutch in my silvia (similar to changing trannys, its gotta come out to get the clutch) it took me 5 hours, to do everything… yes, im a techninian by trade, but you can and could do it in a few hours… or you could drive to cal and i could help you do it in a night!

id give you a hand if you have a garage to do it in…its a very easy job!!!

I could help if you want. I do probably 3-5 trannies a month at work both FWD and RWD. The book time on my cavalier was 4 hours :roll: But I did it in 5.