1991 240sx Tranny Swap

ok so i am doing a whole bunch of work to my friends 240 and i dont even know where to start. the first 3 gears in the tranny are shot and we have a good tranny waiting to go in but i want to know how to do it before i mess it up even worse. i am good with this kind of stuff i have taken out 4 dsm trannys in 3 weeks time and put new ones in and had no problem but those were AWD trannys and were way smaller. the car has a KA24DET with a 5 speed tranny

what i need to know is:

will i need any special tools

how long should it take

what tools will i need

and does anyone know where i can get a 91 240sx for cheap??? lol

replacing a tranny on 240s should be easier than DSM’s. bigger or smaller doesnt really matter, the tranny weighs about 100 pounds anyways. theres no special tools at all, just make sure you have the basics, metric ratchet set, wrenches etc etc. C clip pliers might help, but not necessary.

always good to have some zipties to wrap up the harness, and the lower tranny rubber shifter boot.

should take about 5 to 8 hours depending how experienced you are.

like i had to do 8 dsm tranny swaps in three weeks ( what a horible way to spend 3 weeks of my summer ) so i am fairly experienced i just didnt want to screw up my friends car lol but it doesnt sound too hard