how much and how long for a tranny swap?

just need a lil bit of information here, but how much does it cost for a tranny swap. from auto -> 5 spd, and how long will it take?

if you have someone that knows what they are doing, it’ll take about 8-10 hours…

and to get all the parts it’s about $400-600 (depends how many things you wanna replace… new OE clutch, or keep the old clutch, etc…)

Showoff [-(

yeah thats about right.

i think chris can do it a bit faster but it depends on if you have the right tools and other junk.

KA tranny is a bitch because of the top bolt.

The SR tranny can be taken out, new clutch put in, all done under 5hrs
between two people.

Mine took about 3 hours , I done my research and had all the parts ready . I even had my manual brake pedal , clutch pedal , master cylinder + line installed before going to the shop.
I can link you to a shop in Toronto that can have it done for a very decent price .
Pm me if you are interested .

Chris can do it in about three hours. Bring the car down to Niagara and you will be driving standard in half a day. Is it s13 or s14? Its harder to fin parts for the s14 mainly the drive shaft.

What he said^^ .I have done 4 or 5 auto to standard swaps so I can get through them fairly fast as long as there are no hang up’s , so yeah 3 hrs maybe more depends on if you have the hard line or if I have to build one etc… I have a trany for sale if you want it $150 but we can work out a deal if I am doing the swap.

ive done the swap consistantly in about 3 hours.alone.with a break…the first time i did it it took me around 4 hours because it was the first time…but that was by myself…im sure if one of my buddies helped it would take a little less…but.ive always done the work by myself. the hardest part would be the cutting for the clutch assembly…but after youve done it twice…its like clock work, and you figure the fastest and the best way to cut it…putting up the tranny would take around 5-10 minuets if your prepared it properly…other then that its a relatively easy swap. and as far as teh top bolt, if you ahve the proper tools its easy…and if you dont have the cv sockets, the have the extentions with the piviot end on them for real cheap…