240Z for trade....value opinions?

So I decided to put one of my toys up for sale this summer to fund my 240 obsession - and in the classified I added that I would consider 240SX trades as per my usual (never ever had an offer of one yet) and get this:

Alright
Its a 1970 240z with 49000 miles on odo although I’m sure its 149,000.Its a first yr with a low build #(1955).As far as I know its the original in-line six although a 5 speed was added(the 5 speed wasn’t available until the 1977 289z model).I bought the car 4 yrs ago and it was in excellent shape, although shortly after aquiring it I replaced the brake booster,master brake cylinder and new ceramic brake pads,aswell as a new 3 row rad.Other than that I’ve had to do nothing as its an excellent running car;runs fast and straight(I had it on the race track at Watkins Glen NY for a lapping day and ran fantastic).Also it has a header running into 2 and1/4 inch pipes so it has a real throaty racy sound.Anyways heres some pics,if they interest you e-mail me back
Thanks,Xxx

What kind of value would this machine hold?

PS I apologize if I posted in the wrong section - no other section allows attachments

i dont know what it would be worth but it looks like a great car, when u decide on a price you’d be looking to get for it let me know

Damn I messed up - I wasn’t clear enough

What I meant was…I have a toy of mine up for sale in a classified…trades welcome…and this 240Z was offered to me

sorry man it sounded like u have it and wanted to trade it for a 240SX

Yeah mon, it took a minute to click.

It really doesn’t matter how many K’s are on it. The engine and drive are going to need some serious work regardless. It’s most important that the body be killer.

What did you have up for trade?

Like S13’s the value of these is very dependant on the rust situation. If its clean and in good mechanical condition, something like that could be worth upto around the 8k mark. Or nothing more then 1-3k if rough.

go for it, very nice car. As stated above; work will need to be done, body is most important

Just an '04 Seadoo - the guy lives 20min from where I work, hopefully I can check it out tomorrow and snap a few pics of my own

damnit i want a 240z its one of my dream cars

any structural rust

Think about it ! Son!

lol

if you dont like the seats and door panels i got Original onces that were recovered with red and black vinyl for trade…if u do get the datsun

the thing looks near mint condition, I’d be all over this!

With something like this the most important question is what it is worth to you? If you want to do anything more than drive this on a few nice Sundays the purchase price is a small part of what you will pay.

Like sidewayz said: If the body is clean with no (or very minimum patching) and the interior is intact I’d say its worth ~$7000 with the current market, with an Ontario title. I could easily be way off depending on the actual condition. Small pictures can hide big problems. There is almost no chance of this being really clean if its an original Ontario car. I also have doubts since this one’s been posted for a while. I own a '71 just up from California. PM me and I can tell you a few things to look for.

There is a roughed up 1976 Datsun 280zx at the local nissan dealership near my house. The wanted 7500 for it as is. then dropped it to 5800. A clean one liek that probn goes for a pinch more or around the price of this ridiculous roughed up one.