2g gsx with fp3065 started up again :)

what tranny do you have? i cant remember if you have a built tranny or not… i hope so, otherwise a stock 2g will implode! :smiley:

heheheh, dont wanna go there. still on a completely stock 2g tranny so well see if it will even let me in gear at the high of rpm’s without exploding first. basically since i dont have a cage i will be only running 1/8 mile runs until i get an idea what the car is possible of in the 1/4. So basically try to be nice to the tranny until i do my all out runs or when i am fine tuning everything on the street. hopefully it will last the summer.

very nice.

:tup: to winter projects that are going well

Depending on how much power you plan to put out (over 500HP?), it won’t. Better change that right away. You may want to look at picking up some spare transfer cases too.

If you drive it right, it wont break. Ive never broke a transfer case. Altho…I do have a built transmission, i did it for preventative maintenance. Even a built trans can break if not launched or shifted properly.

My buddy traps 130mph in his talon on a stock trans. The only thing the stock trans doesn’t like is 9k rpms. Only the center diff is weak in these trans. good luck!

Yeah the viscuos center diff is definitely a weakpoint.