Z31 450hp stitch welded soon to be masterpiece

Here is my 1987 300zx turbo that I am currently building. The body is fully stitch welded. The motor in there is just the old beat down one for fitting my top mount manifold that I am making. Should be pimp. If you have 300zx parts let me know. I might need them.You can send any donations or emails my way through jason_in_canada@hotmail.com. I will write you some sort of reciept and you could try and write it off to the government. Whatever I’ll post more pics the project progress’ along.

Suspension:
Intrax lowering springs
Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable shocks
suspension techniques sway bars
Solid/poly bushings

Engine:
Full rebuild with JE forged pistons/z32 rods
Port polish heads
JWT 270/262 cams
Schnieder valve springs
Ferrea 1mm O/S stainless valves
GT3582R turbo
morgans adjustable cam gears
24x12x4.5" core intercooler
custom intake manifold
microtech with 680cc’s and custom fuel rails.

Drivetrain:
ACT 6 puck unsprung clutch
ACT 2800ft/lb pp
89 Turbo tranny
240sx r200 vlsd internals in my diff w/3.9 ring
285/40/17 rear 245/45/17 front

Body and interior:
Wings west kit from motorsport auto
tenzo r seats
guages and some other crap.

Here are some pics.

http://img10.exs.cx/img10/9650/inside14xs.jpg
http://img10.exs.cx/img10/2366/bottomfront8po.jpg
http://img19.exs.cx/img19/2782/topfront0uo.jpg
http://img13.exs.cx/img13/7973/img9716small7op.jpg

Is that a 90-95 Pathfinder intake plenum?

:o Lookin good. Watch out Chromey!

Yeah it is from a 93 pathfinder. I hope to run 11’s with this setup. Going to autodream tomorrow to do some tig welding. GOing to cut out the side of the manifold where the pcv and coolant stuff is and tig an aluminum plate in there.

Myself and Andrew have lots of extra z31 parts, let us know what you need and we can figure out a price.

Matt

P.S. The car is looking good man, can’t wait to see it rip down the track! :smiley:

Yeah yeah, too bad you went with Intrax lowering springs :roll:

Nice project.

BTW what’s the significance of the “stitch welding”?

wow, that will be a nice car when its all done.

Silly question. You say that its a ct26 turbo, which is the same as the sw20 mr2 turbo. But isnt that a bit small for your engine? It doesnt look that small in the pics tho… :?: Also, are you keeping the power steering (assumng this is to be a track car)?

Isn’t the CT-26 a little small for this car though? It should be great for initial spool, but it can’t be any better than the stock T3 on the top end? :?

Well thanks for the feedback. The turbo is the ct-26 from a mkiii supra with an upgraded blitz compressor which has a 62mm compressor wheel. and differnet exhaust turbine. It is supposed to be good for 450hp. I will tryit this summer and if it isn’t big enough I will go with a big HKS turbo. Yeah when I think of something I need I’ll pm you guys. As for the intrax springs. I am using them simply because I got them for free and can’t justify not using them. They actually feel great and have a nice ride hieght.

The stitch welding will make it just that much stiffer, unibody cars are put together with spot welds that after 20 years of regular and hard driving have cracked and are weak. This just takes care of that and makes it a bunch cooler IMO.

I am keeping the power steering. This will be street driven in the summers. It will have a select bit of an interior put back in.

Jason is the pimp!!

Ive heard that turbo and it sounded sooooo mean! Too bad Evans Supra never got all done too see what it will do.

Looking good Jason, looks like you’ll finally be able to gun me down, haha. BTW, are u interested in the work wheels at all?? 500 bones and their yours.

^^what is with you…why do you think your RB25 gts-t is so fast…i can fuckin beat you with a CA18 powered silvia!

I never said that…i know him and robb…my car is a 14.3, i dont think its fast at all, i was dissapointed with that run although i did have a 2.3 second 60 foot time due to tires…Me and jason raced last year and i thought he was gonna beat me when he put his new clutch in but he didnt quite…so now he’ll ruin me. Same thing with robb and his sr20 silvia, it wasnt as fast as my car…but his ca18 silvia will beat me now. The other thing is that my motor is quite stock, which it wont be this spring so whatever…have fun with your CA, I dont see why you have to be such a cunt, i wasnt even talking to you in the first place.

hahaha indirect

Yeah I didn’t think any thing of his comment. Chris your car is pretty quick. Don’t even worry about it guys. I got what he was saying and don’t think it was stupid. Anyways yeah we’ll have to go at it again this summer.