2JZ-GTE powered M5

Yea, i have no problem with the wheels…

Dont understand 4-5k wheelsets on daily drivers…

That loooks good. Pretty beast, bmw luxury and supra power for sure.

you’ve obviously never worked on a BMW V8… make fair #'s but they’re effing garbage if you ask me. nothing but cooling and other emissions issues…

The 2JZ is the new chevy 350. You can put them in anything.

look so ridiculous. so nice.

meh, thats kinda a stretch. early e39 m5 had issues.

IMHO…

S38 > 2JZ

C36GET > 2JZ

Those things weigh in close to 28 lbs a piece… stupid heavy, bad design (not visual), just all around crappy wheels that you can use as an anchor for a 300’ yacht.

love pulling intake manifolds and replacing valley pans, oil separators, throttle body o-ring gaskets, intake manifold gaskets, so on and so forth… the cooling system is the weak link, along with the entire plastic intake and PCV system. i’ve got one on the rack as we speak, and another one just left. i know exactly why he pulled the lump

Ueno’s new drift car is a 2J powered 3

Wow that fits in there real nice, pretty cool.

I am ok with an understand the swap… but why is it every time a jap engine goes in any car, they feel like it s a requirement it have that one large ugly fart can exhaust tip at the back. They could just as easily pick out a nice dual out single in that would look FAR less out of place.

For the same reason someone used a rap track in the video.

I was actually juggling this in my head as a possible swap for my 3 when I had it. I Definitely like how it looks in those cars. Wonder how inspection would go for that?

some states dont have OBDII scans for inspections, just a tailpipe fix.

:gotme: looks fine to me
http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad272/oz923/rear.jpg

It must have been the 3 series they showed the back side of in the video. They did a quick shot of just the tail pipe. I retract my statement for the M5 but still hold it for the 3 Series. (After another watch, yes it was the E36 they showed at the beginning, so my annoyance with it still holds some ground.)