2nd gear problems

dammit its just one thing after the other. i got my car back last week and it ran fine all the way home. it was really cold the next day and i was late for school so i only warmed it up for a minute and then started driving. shifted from 1st to second and let the clutch out. then pop it comes out of gear. so i stop and start again. this times it grinds really bad into second. now for the first 10 minutes before the car warms up it grinds and is really rough into second. i have brand new 75W-90 with lucas stuff in there. my synchro is gone isnt it? anything i can do or must i deal with it/get new tranny?

yea ur synchros are dying, if uve gotten the fluid changed with lucas, i have no suggestions… live iwth it, then replace the tranny, a used tranny is cheap.

oh man that sucks,

i have a KA24E transmission if you want, all it needs is a new TOB.

yea i think i share your luck with cars.

heres my story of owning a 240sx so far.

bought the car, needed new rear pads and rotors to certify, so i paid for that. drove around for a week without knowing the rear calipers were seized. fried the brand new pads and rotors. replaced everything. shortly after i decide to go to mr. lube and get my tranny fluid changed. a week later my clutch dies, so i have to drain the brand new fluid and replace my clutch. put new fluid in, now my synchros are done, so i have to drain fluid, get a new tranny. hmm i wonder whats gonna happen next…

welcome to the lovely world of 240sx ownership, where all good days turn sour.

similar story, wheel barings, rotors, ebrake, rockers. Get it all nice. Mufler goes, then the whole exhaust. Then the tranny. And then i run my moms damn van into the side of it. 100s of hours on bodywork all screwed up because somthing dumn.

oh did i forget the diff. Man it’s been a fun couple of months.

me to, other then things that needed to be done, people that are complaingin about things like replacing brakes and shit… THEY ARE WEAR PARTS, your car is old, things will need replacing.

hey alex did you aciddentally drop the tranny? because syncro’s would start going slowly not this imidiately, well usually.

and anyway’s i can sell you my trans if you want, the 24E is the same tranny as the 24DE.

i did drop it but it only fell a few inches and it didnt land too hard. if that broke something then wow im supprised how fragile it is. how many KM’s on the tranny u have?

it has 191 but it was shifting good, when i swapped the motor.

usual nissanness

Synchros are for wimps. My tranny is really bitchy when the car is cold. I can’t shift without double clutching if the temp is below 0 celsius. Don’t buy a new tranny just learn how to really drive stick LOL

yea i just went for a drive and double clutched into second and third and it works fine. now i just have to get used to doing it. i should’ve known not to granny shift and instead double clutch like i should

Clutching is for girls, real men power shift. :lol:

Once the car is warmed up it should be easier to shift. Unless, of course, your syncros are really shot.

Powershifting uses the clutch :?

What? I always thought it was the name for clutchless shifting? Just pop the sucker out of gear, rev-match and pop it (or force it :shock:) back in.

i thought power shifting was keeping ur foot on the gas while your upshifting?

i was always taught that powershifting is clutchless too, weird…