3 days, 2 tickets

Well here is the breakdown:
3 days, that I have owned the car, JREX’s 2002 WRX
2 tickets, is what I got this morning at 7:30am from a FEMALE state trooper on the 90 east and 290 merge. She got me for “driving across hazard marking” because today, I was one of the A-holes to merge late, but I didnt cut anyone off or anything like that. It just so happened that while I was merging over, she was pulling away from just giving someone else a ticket and she immediatly flipped the lights on me. Mind you I was one of about 100 people to pull that same manuever but whatever. Second ticket was for “sidewindows tinted 38% light transmittance.” So whatever I thought they were stock but I guess not. I am going to be calling Ficte to see if they can get me a “medical excuse” because after the laser eye surgery my eyes are pretty sensitive to light.
Here is our conversation also.
(As she walked up)
ME: Good morning
Her: License and registration
ME: Ok here you go, may I ask why I got pulled over?
Her: (Hightened blood pressure) Have you ever been pulled over before?
ME: Yes two years ago.
Her: Did the officer walk away without telling you why you got pulled over. In 20 years I have never walked away from someone with out telling them why they got pulled over. Do you always drive like that, swerving in at the last minute over the solid line.
ME: No I try not to.
Her: blah blah blah, here are two tickets.
ME: Thank you very much, have a nice day.
Then try to drive away keeping the RPM’s under 3k so she doesnt hear the exhuast.
OK time to get ready for Cheektowaga court.

Thanks for reading.

best sig… evar.

Useless tickets happen to all of us, bucnh of crap but nothing we can do. Sorry to hear that though :tdown:

at least it wasnt for speeding…

Moved to Off topic.

Therein lies your problem. It was Cheektowaga.

The medical excuse will never work. If you have laser eye surgery, and your eyes are still sensitive, they would prescribe glasses, similar to the shades that the geriactric crowd wears. You know, the big wrap around blocky looking things. So don’t even waste your time. Pay your tickets, talk to the DA and get the hazard line thing reduced to parking tickets, take the illegal tint off of the car, and stop cutting across the hazard line, ESPECIALLY in Cheektowaga.

Plea Bargain the first, and remove the tint for the next, then put it back on. It will cost the same to do that, plus there is nothing on your record if you do it within 24 hours and show them at the Cheektowaga PD (equipment failure tickets get 24 hours to fix)

X…

P.S. sucks to hear, I got a Ticket in my WRX the first month too, come to think of it Jeller got one 2 days into his vehicle ownership too, consider it “good luck” :smiley:

Ok thanks for the advice and for moving, sorry for posting in the wrong section.
It was a state trooper though, sorry if I didnt mention it. Oh ya and it was that time of the month.
And the sig, those were everybodys squares from the superbowl pool. Who knew.

OK i am going to, hopefully my aunts bro. who is the chief of police in Cheektowaga can pull some strings for me.

State Trooper… then I would go with the “time of the month theory”. They tend to hit for the little things to make that monthly quota. I thought it was Cheektowaga Cops, who would write you a ticket for crossing the street if they can find a way to work it.

Actually, SHE was just mean.

that sucks, but yea atleast it wasn’t a speeding ticket

are you sure? did you check her tampon? good luck in cheektowaga and basically do what x said… sorry i didn’t meet up with you guys yesterday, i had some shit going down

I saw you pulled over on my way into work this moring, :biglol: :biglol: :biglol: that sounds like a pretty ghey ticket imho, good luck.

this trooper that pulled you over, did she have brown hair, and looked 35-40ish? A scar on her lip?

What is a hazzard marking? Is it those white striped things at the beginning and end of an acceleration lane?

When I took traffic school in high school, they told us to speed up, and if you cannot merge in time, don’t stop, just continue on into the shoulder until it’s safe to merge with traffic. Is that kind of what you did?

Nice, ya some new jetta swerved off the road, on to the shoulder just missing her car as she was typing up my ticket. Would have been funny if he blasted both of us. PS hope you didnt merge over to late.

Short, grey hair I think, didnt notice a scar. She was nice.

were your side rear windows tinted? or side front?

At the merge of the 90 to the 290 there is a dotted line and then it turns into a solid lane as it goes to the toll booths. I got in like 100 yards from the onramp, and had to cross over the solid line, or hazard marking as it is called.

They are tinted the same all the way around.

oh that sucks then

Ya I am still trying to find out if they are factory or not. Any info would help on that one.