secondary offense my ass

got pulled in usc this morning for tint, nothing else. wasn’t doing anything wrong and the guy goes completely out of his way to get me, comes out of a left turn only lane to go straight. Biggest thing that got me was didn’t use a meter either, completely eyeballed it. That pissed me off the most, it’s harassment. I realize it’s illegal, I passed the state safety inspection course, its not that. Why can’t he atleast be professional about it?

screw it, I ain’t takin it off, I don’t need to go into usc for work, I can just go around. I guarentee if I pay the fine and leave it on he’d harass me somemore, good, I just won’t come around anymore.

now let me have it :rofl:

:owned:

lol yup

doesnt need to meter it if, used meter its larger fine sometimes caused just paid for use of the meter

hmmm beats me, I wasn’t gonna fight it or anything but this whole matter got the guys at the dealership riled up nicely :smiley:

what do you think a tint ticket costs? all he said anything about was the front 2

it was like 45 a window from before or it could be a 105 dollar fine for obstruction to vision of operator

its all in how they list it

yeah 4524e “sunscreening preventing view into vehicle”. he only commented on my front 2 windows even though all five are tinted around 20. I don’t actually know the percent because it came on the car.

I don’t know, we’ll see, I got some people to call

ha the last 3 times i have had the camaro out i have been pulled over. headlights/tint/loud exhaust… so im pretty screwed.

sucks. fuck usc and fuck s.park… and double fuck whitehall.

state says exhaust can’t be louder than open headers, so it’s up to individual municipalities to rule on that one. I’m not sure of any actual decible limits for residental areas and I’m sure the cops aren’t either. next time they pull you over ask if they used a decible meter? guarenteed they didn’t and that’s bullshit. Same with headlights, total candlepower cannot exceed 150,000. Do they have a device that measures light, FUCK NO. It’s all a matter of judgement and that’s exactly what is wrong with this whole system.

3 guys with tint passed me on the highway while I was pulled over, I counted…just for my own knowledge. No one was chasing after them.

DB meter shit is thrown out when you can hear a car pass a certain distance. back when alot of you dont remember but Mt washington had issues with DB levels. so instead of proving with a DB meter they made it so if they heard your car i think within 20 from the front of the car then it was too loud and they could ticket you for noise polution.
as for exhaust there is a certain DB level that is given but isnt inforced as much knows since most damm Harley’s double that but im sure they will start cracking down on the cars.

fighting a ticket of exhaust noise is pointless cause they can go back and look at the car and in some cases they can get you for Alter’d exhaust, in some cases NO cats and i dont think LTs are legal either so again this goes for Alter’d exhaust… i seen aticket before for any alterations to an exhaust was illegal if it increased performance or noise… this was given to a bike owner in PGH

so suck up the fine and just go on your way its not worth fighting a little battle when you could lose big like the war

nah, I’ll man up and pay, I’m just disagreeing with the whole situation. Pretty much the same as everyone else who’s gotten a tint ticket, whatever

I have seen more made up laws in this post than 12 year olds spread around. Where do you guys hear this shit?

I get my shit straight out of the state safety inspection manual. end of story

not really,cops dont follow that book!

exactly… they follow the … “if its not 100%stock its illegal” book. or the “ahhh i feel like its illegal so it is” book

shut him up the old book my wife has a slip from doctor cause she has lupus and shouldnt be in direct sun light

I know, that’s what I’m upset about…

…not so much the fact that my tint is illegal(because it clearly is) but the “ahhh I feel like it’s illegal so it is” bullshit. It woulda been nice to hear him actually give me info on what is legal

there is a lot of black area w/ PA laws concerning inspection, and driving laws. The way I always interpreted it was the inspection was a “safety” inspection. You can pass a car w/ neon lights, tint, ect… but that doesn’t mean you can drive with it on the street. I’m sure that window tint will become a part of safety inspection in the future. IMO, tint enforcement is wayyyy down from years ago. New cars are coming w/ darker and darker tint nowadays. I do know that having your front 2 window tinted is illegal on ALL vehicles. Otherwise, you will be left alone as long as you have 2 side rear view mirrors. You will always have the jackass’s that like to harass people for it b/c it is great probably cause to pull a vehicle over. Most cops who are pulling people over for tint are probably just trying to make their day more interesting…which is BS.

This is actually true. My aunt has lupas & she has all the windows tinted on her 300M. Not really dark, but tinted. She does have documentation for this in case she is stopped.

if referring to me, actual tickets and fines thats where

as for your creditibility i wouldnt even use yours for any of this