another tint thread! w00t!

Today I stopped up to watch auto-x, and as soon as i pulled into the lot, bam! here comes a county cop with his lights on for me for my tint.

I know tint is illegal and yada yada yada spare me bs.

I was given a written warning. He told me to take it back to the dealer, get it scraped, fill out the inspection station portion of the warning and mail it back in.

Do i really neew to do anything with this? Anybody know if they will follow up on it, or it will pretty much drop? I assume if i dont send it back, i will recieve a citation in the mail?

anyone know what happens and/or want to sign it?

:smiley:

probably send you a citation if you dont send it back in.

few options you have:

1. get a shop to sign it and fill it out. promise the shop that if you get pulled over again by the same cop that you will tell him that you took it off, they signed, and you put it back on.

2. dont send it in and see if you get a citation, if you get one just plead not guilty and say your not stable to pay the colateral of $50 and request hearing. then go on the interweb and print up a pic of your car. photoshop you license plate on it and put a date watermark on it of like 2 days before your hearing. show pictures of it to the judge and say that the car is broke down, tint is removed, but you can not drive it to the magistrate to show that it is off so you took a picture. (it works trust me :slight_smile: )

yeah get a mechanic at your work to sign off on it. tell him what jeff said in the first one. it works i did it years ago. it has to have the signiture and the inspection license number on the warning. just send it in the cop wont car enough to check into it. i got popped by s.park twp years ago and this is what was done.

tint is lame

WOW… PRHockey21 got busted for the same thing today, right at the damn pool…

Fucking assholes. Thank god they didnt stop me

i was coming in from down by the lake. he was pulling out by the playground. he pulled a u turn and came back with his lights on to nail me.

meter and all!

they have gotten me MANY MANY MANY TIMES, never have i payed and never have i took my tint off , just for the fact that most of the cops have tint and i refuse. …how dark is your tint

younger or older officer? just curious… From what I was told by an officer who worked in No Park for a year that most of the officers are transitional and a lot of them are out to prove something. She couldn’t take the attitude of the other officers and transferred out to South Park. Even she did pull someone over, she would never say a thing about tint…

I was under the impression, and I could be competely wrong here… but thought they needed a reason to pull you over and couldn’t stop you just for tint?

I thought dark tint was probable cause?

it is. equipment violation, does not fail state inspection.

technically they could get anyone for shit load of common things yet most cops don’t know all the rules, so they just pull for the one that they do know

when i got pulled in usc a few years ago they didn’t give me a form or anything to return. they just told me to scrape it (front only) and return to the station. i did, and they signed it off

hahahahahahahahahahaha

ill bring you those strut braces free and you sign my warning. :slight_smile:

older

the only thing that pisses me off is that some cops can be real dicks about things, but yet sometimes their fellow officers and even themselves have tint on their personal vehicles.

my dad was telling me about a guy he used to work with that got pulled over in brentwood and got seriously raped… they gave him over $3,000 in tickets due to mods done to his mustang… pretty much they told him to pop the hood and they went to town. suspension, engine, interior… everything… now thats some bullshit

how are they being dicks when the shit is illegal? Tint the back window and any window behind the driver all you want, hell paint them black if you want, the cops can’t say a word. But if you tint the front windows, be prepared to get pulled over for it.

I could see if you have a really nice car and want it tinted, but an impala and a neon are not in that category.

If you just let it ride, chances are you will get a letter from Harrisburg saying they’d like to borrow your license for a while. I know this because it happened to me, even though it wasn’t even my car. Since it was just a warning nothing may come of it though.

I dont have tint on the front windows of the neon.

but the cops pulling people over for tint whenever they have it on their personal cars is straight bullshit.

the only way harrisburg will request your license is if you dont attend a hearing or skip out on paying a ticket. he doesnt have a ticket, he has a warning. you just simply screwed yourself

thats what i was thinking. we’ll see

Some please show me where its ok to have tint on the windows behind the driver. All the PA laws state no tint period.

why does it matter if cops have tint on their personal vehicles rofl

chad u suck