another tint thread! w00t!

§ 4524. Windshield obstructions and wipers.
(e) Sun screening and other materials prohibited.–
(1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sun screening device or other material which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle through the windshield, side wing or side window of the vehicle.

Straight from the vehicle code book. says nothing about rear windows. cop try and say that the penndot sheet that they print up off the internet is “the law”. which it is not. vehicle code “laws” are written into the PA vehicle code book.

this is the bullshit sheet that they always hand you stating the sheet is the law, it is not.
http://www.dot3.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-sun.pdf

explain to me why they should have special privleges and laws to follow different from everyone else on the road?

Shit I have 20 on the front, rear and back windows. Haven’t been pulled over yet. hmmmm

how dark is it chad ?
I finally got 35% which isnt bad but still am nervous about cops even though tint is legal here.

Ive got 35 on the front 4 and 20 on the back, never had an issue.

I had a similar situation happen to me coming out of the liberty tunnels. What made it so bad was the instead of the cop writing a ticket for tint. He wrote me a $109 ticket for each window(5 of them) Then a ticket for 4 wheels saying they were illegal cause they werent the oem size. A ticket for some stickers on the quarter windows. Said my bumper was to low to the ground and some other bs. I fought it and won but it sure was a hassle.

Wow that’s fucked up Rob… Did he write a DWB ticket too? lol

O Hai Gov of Philly
http://i42.tinypic.com/312715g.jpg

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” – Thomas Jefferson

1. he metered it at 30

Ya, I got picked off just for tint on my way there at 8 am. Mine metered at 17, ha.

WOW. That is unbelievable. My autocross car is tinted. Wonder if I am going to get hit up there this year at events. If they keep this up, then the club is going to suffer from some bad PR.

im sure it will at some point.

good read…

btw the pa law that’s posted above isnt current as far how I read it out of ? officers book, which stated (paraphrasing) regardless of the window, or percentage, IF film is applied to ANY window at ANY Percent it is to be considered a violation of state inspection code.
This is what the sign in the store states, & the same thing I tell every customer that walk ins in asking for tint.
Its no different than speeding, eventually you get busted, pay the ticket & return to violate the speed limits again, lol.
if we’d all band together for the state to initiate some type of percentage laws wed at least have an actual LAW that everybody knows, rather than everybody being unsure.
as for today I’m stopping by my local police stations/ems/fire stations to snap a few photos of tinted vehicles. I have a feeling those photos will come in handy soon enough.

i have 5% on mine.my buddy is a state cop and metered mine for the fun of it i hit a whopping 9 and still havent been pulled over

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/3087/2361/7716180113_large.jpg

I can’t say there has been a history of this sort of thing up there during the races, but I hope they don’t make it a habit either. If so Pat I’m sure you won’t be the only one in trouble there are a handful of tinted cars up there that would be affected. I know the club wouldn’t appreicate that either and would probably be on the phone with the county very quickly.

If it becomes a habit it is going to drive away a lot of people, I know I would not risk the fine + paying for removal + paying for putting back on, to come up and watch or run again if they start doing this all the time.

Sounds more like it was a cop that thought he had something to prove or wanted to play hardass for the day.

Chad… funny thing is the SAME THING happened to me. Driving up from the lake to the auto-x in my Z. Made the left into the loop around the pool and pulled me. Metered my windows, wrote me a ticket, and I expressed they will get my $5/month for the next 2 years. Have a good day officer. :slight_smile:

Do the crime - pay the fine.

Wow you got nabbed too yesterday? That is 3

I was thinking that the club will likely need to place a phone call to the county police if it continues to happen. Its probably just an issue of a rogue nation attempting to test the new president. Same thing as North Korea and Obama.

This is slowly getting more screwed up. Thats pratically more stops for tint in one day than I can recall in all of last year and then some. SK360 you might be right it might have been just one cop with a bug up his ass. I’ll make a point of it at the next NHSCC meeting just so next time they talk to the county maybe they can mention this. Granted in the grand scheme of things it probably won’t do shit. But considering we are all up there for fun its not something I’d let go either. We do pay to be there, and I know the county likes any income it can get its hands on. They have been pretty good about listening to complaints in the past, but we’ve never had anything like this. Usually its the club calling the cops on ricers doing burnouts and racing around the loop. Because the days we really need cops they are never there :jerkit:

there was an officer that even pulled out the book and showed me, it said EXACTLY what I posted earlier. then he showed me the “fact sheet” I kinda flipped out and told him

alright… so your showing me the “law” in the code book, which states that my tint is legal… but yet your showing me a completely different sheet which is printed up off the penndot website and tell me “thats the law”??? write me my damn ticket and I’ll see you in court.
I lost at magistrate, won downtown. I just wanted to make a point. I laughed at the cop the entire way out of the courthouse.

:bowrofl: I have done the same thing for my girlfriends car, even tho she has tint on her front windows ONLY 1 cop in our boro harasses her about it. he is a straight up asshole… I’m just going to tell them why do the officers and people working for the boro have special restrictions different from citizens not employed by the local government. This is the same cop that sat at the top of our street waiting for us to come home to give her a ticket… we were getting groceries out of the car and he came up and drawed his gun at us telling us to get back in the car… said we looked suspicious because we had tint and were getting stuff out of the trunk. entrapment?

hahaha, I must 've snuck by at the right time. The guys were still walking the course around 1. No po-po in sight. Snuck out.

That sucks you guys got nailed. It’s not a moving violation, so tell them to suck it.