Colonie is Steppin it up

ok so funny story (for you guys atleast)…I’m on my way to a dentist appt this morning and the office is right across from Gearhead. I turn from Old State road onto 155 and as soon as I cross the colonie border I get waved into a parking by two officers. This is the lot with the trucks in it on the right right before the bridge. He tells me that I have illegal front tints and no front plate and to go wait in the line of cars allready there getting ticketed. The cop was actually nice (aside from pulling me over while I was going speedlimit but w.e) Long story short I got a tint ticket. Question, if he doesnt test the tint with the meter can I still get a ticket? Otherwise I’m just gona pay their b.s fine and get over it.

It’s a losing battle IMO. Your car is obviously illegal with any tint on the front windows that looks semi-dark.

I have debating selling one of my cars for this reason…:ponder

I figured this much, oh well not the first time I’ve gotten a tint ticket and probably not the last.

i got a unregistered vehicle getting on 890… it ran out yesterday WTF!

it’s the start of the summer…every dept. are doing check points for this type of shit.

I heard it was to step up seat belt checks or somthing from my dentist, guess they couldnt tell if I was wearing one :rofl

they are for seat belts… but they are still going to give you other tickets if they can.

yea the trooper goes u know ur reg. runs up soon… i go yea the 17th right? and he said yes GET IT TAKEN CARE OF!

I figured, gotta love New York State. Usually they are fine as long as you arent speeding but I guess they really want their $$$$

:rofl

Yup and they will tax the public in any way possible to generate it.

The economy is bad, and departments are in need of funding for officer overtime, new recruits, equipment etc. I understand why they are doing it. Be thankfull you dont live in CA, its 10x worse.

Although its very depressing thinking that everytime you take your car out, you can get nailed in $350 dollars in fines. Yea, I could fix the things wrong… but I dont have the heart to drill into my front bumper, and stock exhaust choking FTL. :frowning:

yup shit sucks

Traffic PO-nizzle FTL!!

so did you have any cavities?

Should have told the guy to go fuck himself and start a chase! :rofl

Went through a seatbelt check with about 8 troopers going from 90 onto route 9 in loudonville.

watch out for watervliet cops… nothin but a pack of jerks :lol

why do you even have tint on the windows. and why not have a front plate on the car? cuz it looks so much cooler… dont give the cops a reason to fuck with you.

NY is broke and trying to get revenue anyway it can.