Watervliet + Statie = How Bad?

So…I done did it today. Got nailed good :facepalm. Totally red handed, nothing to say bout it.

Got a 91 in a 55 and a tint ticket (787 NB near Arsenal). I couldn’t care less about the tint ticket, but how many points and how much is the 91 in a 55 going to set me back points wise and money wise?

Only thing on my record is a ‘disobeying traffic device’ ticket from like 2 years ago.

I will say this though, this was the quickest stop I’ve ever had. I don’t think it even last 10 minutes. Kudos to that officer.

Id get a lawyer

I don’t think I will be getting one. They are usually a waste of $300 for most traffic related incidents (unless you have a DWI, killed someone, accident, etc.). Being that I have no other speeding violations on my record, I’m banking on just talking to the DA and being appreciative of anything he can do for me.

I know this isn’t getting reduced to a parking on the pavement :lol.

Ilya, it’s 2012. Get a fucking lawyer for the 91 in a 55… Do you hear yourself?

Your going to end up paying more in points on you insurance over the year and more court fees and fines of you don’t. As for the tint ticket, get a correction form from a cop if you know one.

If your record is mostly clean they MAY reduce it with a defensive driving course requirement. I got caught at 48 in a 30 a few years back and that’s what they did for me. No points, and just had to pay the fine and take an online course. Then just showed the judge the proof and I was good.

Get lawyer ASAP

JUST the DMV driver assessment fee will cost you $100/yr for 3yrs.

On top of $400ish fine.

On top of 6+(8?)points.

On top of HUGE insurance hike.

Ask me how I know.

Get a lawyer. Don’t just take it on the chin like I did. It may seem “easier”…it’s not, AT ALL.

I got a 96 into 65 (years ago) pacing an undercover for 7 or 8 exits. I was going WAY over the ticketed speed and we both knew it.

I decided to just take the ticket and pay all fees and chalk it up as a lesson learned.
SO FUCKING STUPID.

36 over is nothing to scoff at.

What the fuck were you doing 91 on 787 for?

Hahahah I was thinking the same thing, about to post that.

:dunno

Just cruisin, enjoyin a wide open lane lol.

As for lawyer, who’s a good one around here?

91 in a 55 could have resulted in an impounded car. And it’s technically wreckless driving at that speed. Get a lawyer…this ones gonna hurt.

Jean horan

just looked it up…you are looking at 8 points on the license and $360-600 fine,and it said “In addition to the fines and penalties shown, you will have to pay a state surcharge and possibly a Driver Responsibility Assessment if you receive six or more points on your driver record during a period of 18 months and the violations occurred on or after November 18, 2004.”

The heavy hitters do it again, call 1-800-law-ten-ten.

This ^.

You will not plead that down without help. I have a lawyer in the family that has gotten me out of many violations. PM me if you want info.

callll tommmm anelliiiiii… the dwiii guy, call 1800 dwi team

Thanks. I’ll look into him.

Damn. NY ain’t playin no games :lol.

:lol

I hate those commercials. So cheesy.

:tbu

:rofl

Let us know how that works out for you.

You’re looking at like 8 points btw. You can waste time and go to court and argue all you want but unless you have a law degree the DA is going to kick you down to the curb. This is America, not Ukraine. People go to court over spilling hot beverages in this country.

:lol, that they do. And get millions.