Bethel Park Police has nothing to do...

So last night around 11:45 I was leaving Eat N’ Park over next to South Hills Village Mall. I walked out the door and turned on car on via the automatic starter and walked over to my buddy’s truck and was bs’ng w/him for a few minutes. The next thing I know the police drive up next to my car (about 100yds away) and start shining their flashlight into my windows. So I was like wtf are they doing so I set the alarm off which seemed like a good idea as they left almost immediately. Anyways I go get into my car go thru the light towards the Giant Eagle only to be lit up by not one not two but THREE fucking cops :owned: . Apparently they had nothing better to do last night other than sit in a church parking lot waiting for me to drive over. I thought for SURE I was getting pulled over for speeding but nope, they fucking pulled me over for WINDOW TINT. I just about shit my pants one, because I think I was probably speeding and two, I never thought they’d pull me over just for tint. None the less he gave me a huge speech yada yada, told me to go sit back in my car (yes I had to get out of my car and look like I fucking did something big time lol) so after about 5 minutes of me texting/calling people (texting Chaz to say I’m fucked I need a tint uninstall) I said fuck it and just took off the tint myself. Needless to say I was let go but now I’m tintless. They had said I’m officially the first person that had taken care of the infraction while the notice was being written up. Please do not misconstrue this as me saying its legal/etc I totally understand how they need to be able to see into my car but I just feel a little annoyed they it happened the way it did. None the less my ranting is over—

ive been pulled over with my tint and they havent said anything luckily, how dark was yours? mines 20/35

My guess is that they checked the car because it was running with no one in it, got pissed when you set the alarm off, then decided to pull you over for the tint.

If I was the cop that is what I would have done.

My tint was at 20% at all windows. Yeah theres a good possibility that he was just being a dick but he was very nice to me about it so whatever. I just am a little bummed about it. Does anyone know is they keep tract of prior “equipment malfunctions” that they have called you on? Say if I wanted to retint?

I bet one of the officers was Ian Mcquire.

guy tried pulling me over plenty of times. only got me once and that was pulling into the parking lot at work… and i lost a day work because he held me there for a half an hour…

appealed it and everything ( because my car is Legally tinted ( only rear windows are tinted) and the judge says that I did not break the law ( PA vehicle code 4524 e1, BUT according to penndot my car isnt legal)

When in the FUCK does penndot make laws? Ian is a douchebag
I have no problems with any other officers ( every other officer says im legal since my pass and drivers windows are not tinted). mt. lebo is the only place that will hunt you down, and I stay out of lebo.

it was my understanding that they can not pull you over just for tint, they need to have a seperate reason to pull you over first.

I’m no officer or attorney, so I don’t know for 100%, however I was told this a while back from more than one officer who said they could not pull over only for tint, that they could write the ticket once they had you pulled over, but had to have reason to pull you over…

lol, I drove by you last night as I was leaving blade runners.

You should’ve honked! I loved when the officer came over and was like what are you doing, I was like taking my tint off and smoking a clove!

FOZ—I didn’t think they could pull you over for that by itself but any of the “Penndot Violations” they can. Like a year ago I was pulled over for having a headlight out. I find that funny because for about 3 months one of the BP police cars had only one functioning headlight!

I guess I have to look on the brightside it could’ve been USC or Mt Lebo and they could’ve been real dicks about it to me and gave me a ticket. None the less tints going back up before summer comes biatches!

Welcome to BP, as far as you being the first person to rip it off there, well that because most BP people know it is a crock of shit and go to the DJ and nothing happens anyhow. As to you being an asshole and setting off your alarm well i would of done the same thing and pulled you over for being an idiot.

If you have 20% tint I don’t care if you’re the fucking pope they will make you take it off—too bad you’re not a cop though right? Sweet—thanks for the input though

this is pittsburgh… its sunny about 5 days a year so you can probably live without your windows being tinted.
i dont know the laws exactly but what i do know is that if a cop wants to fuck you… he will.so why give him a reason to? i would say that in the future, if you dont set off your alarm to “scare” cops then you will run into less issues such as this one. chalk it up to price of an education and lets move on…

lesson:

Cops OWN you, kiss their ass… and maybe just maybe… they will leave you in peace

Yeah, if you hadn’t set off your alarm, they probably would have left you alone. I have been pulled over by the BP cops like 3 times and I have never been given a ticket…one written warning and 2 verbal. I was nice and respectful everytime and they let me go.

As for the tint goes, I think that is a gay ticket. If the tint is so dark they can’t see in it would be one thing, but if they can see the driver, the tint should not matter.

They couldn’t see me at all—it was 20% tint and trust I was extremely respectful as I am to all cops regardless of my personal opinion on whether being pulled over for tint is weak or not.

i got 3 citations for each side window and my windshield, adding up to a little over $300 from officer watkins in castle shannon. he complained he couldn’t see clearly through the windows even though it was 2am. i was driving the speed limit too and he pulled a 180 on cs blvd to follow me. he said they have been looking to catch me driving with my windows rolled up.

so if you must ask, no, they don’t have anything better to do

Yeah, its crazy that each window is a violation he told me if in 5 days I didn’t have it taken off it would’ve been a fine of something like $525. It’s like $105 per violation I believe.

Sorry to hear that guys. What else on the exterior of your car to draw attention? Fartcan muffler? What kind of cars?
I got pulled once with an old car in Jefferson Hills, lost at magestrate level (because Magestrate had no clue), but won out at next level up. It was a car that screamed to be pulled over, though. Really loud with flashy rims and lowered and all that pimp stuff.
On my current cars/SUV, all are tinted everywhere but the windshield and I’ve never had a problem in any of the municipalities mentioned.
Audi in my sig is only 35% though so you can clearly still see in at all times (but still dark enough to have to be up on car to do it). If it’s night and I’d get pulled over, I’d crank on every interior light I have to help, but I haven’t had need to.
You guys with 20% and less are asking for it, I think.

Disrespectful right there Einstein

Too bad thast what i am eventually going to become and know some BP police as well as know that in your previous statments you WERE being an asshole so any cop would of pulled you over, who the fuck sits there and be’s an asshole by ripping the tint off right then and there “while” smoking a clove and then saying it to the officer? Your an idiot and if you would of kept you mouth shut and not of put on you alarm when he was looking in the windows then 9/10 chances he would of let the car be and left. Short story, your a fucking idiot and know nothing about respect for authority or myself for that matter.

Please refer to you previous posts about how you acted and what you said to them:owned:

yeah, you deserved it