Window tint ticket , possibly towed away .

Lets just say i know someone who got another window tint ticket, well the officer told them that their vehicle could be towed away if they got stopped . Can they legally do this . Said something about it would be a vehicle malfunction and refusing to take the tint off. Anyone heard this or just local cop stuff.

Also say this person is driving said coupe with tinted windows , and they are down and sunroof open , do they have to roll up the window for the officer to see or no. I mean they were down but anyone know this .

I did wonder if you had to roll the window up for them to check too

If they were already down prior to being in point of site of the officer then they do not have to be put up is how it was explained to me. But, if they were up when in the officers line of site and then put down then yes you do need to allow them to meter them.

i have heard this too^

Cops can do whatever they want, and pull over whoever they want at any given time for any reason.

Also, have you people noticed the excessive increase of colonie PD pullovers lately?

Illegal NYS tint ftl.

I believe the 3rd tint offense is grounds for impound. Look up the law if you don’t believe me

Its so shitty to get bothered for tint when you have a full time job don’t commit crimes and are not a scumbag and you get bothered for window tint . Fucking stupid ny laws.

Yeah I know, I liked my 20% tint but after getting stopped 3x for just that I said enuf is enuf

Was just stopped in Cohoes for my tint on the way home… Was immediately asked if I knew why I was pulled over… I said yes the tint … asked if anybody else was in the car besides my friend and I … I said no feel free to look around and he let me go on my way :slight_smile:

I got stopped for my 50% on the fronts, 5% on the back. I’m pretty sure the cop was racist since I was picking up 3 of my black friends from the Train Station when I was pulled over and he asked them for ID before he asked me for mine and the vehicle’s registration. He seemed content in himself until I handed him my Aunt’s SBA card with my name on it and her Investigator ID. I told him I could call her if there was a problem, he quickly handed back all of our ID’s and told me that wouldn’t be necessary. Figures. Dick :lol
My tint isn’t dark in the front at all, the back is, but I’m pretty sure my car got profiled. Kinda pisses me off. Fuck tint laws.

i dont see the problem ,obv suttin set him off i mean 3 jigs and a white guy he was prolly thinkin car jackin or suttin .i dont feel bad for ya

Do you have money? The State of New York kindly asks that you forfeit it. That’s what the game is all about and always has been.

nm…

Where’s the delete post button SINGALING?

def have noticed quite a few more CPD cars making traffic stops! but gotta do watcha gotta do to get money!

florida ftw 20% tint and I have yet to be pulled over in my si down here.

If you don’t like being pulled over for tint, you have three options.

1. Deal with it. Gotta pay to play.
  2. Take the tint off.
  3. Move to a town/city where there is a heightened crime rate. More real crime = less time pulling you over for stupid shit.

That’s because you have out of state plates.

I thought about registering my car in VT and keeping the tint but it’s way more trouble than it’s worth.

Ive NEVER tinted any of my cars. None of my cars came tinted.
Its one less thing the State can take money from me for.

I miss living down there always had ark ass tint and friends all had limo tint and windshields done on ever vehicle… no tickets ever…

Totally agree… but #3 is not always true… Erik got one in my truck last week from APD.

i got pulled over for it last night ,that and my exh .needless to say i showed the cop my moobs and i got let go

haha moobs…