3 inch exhaust on a KA

Finaly i have proof that a 3 inch exhaust is great for a KA.

And at the end it shows what a header will give you.
Big pimpin.

Thats good news considering i just put headers to 3 inch all the way back to a borla muffler on my ka just last week. :E

Now I have something to reference when my buddy Mike says 3 inch exhaust is too big for my car and there is no need for it on cars with less than 400+hp. I call bs. lol

I think the cops exhaust tickets make it a useless investment in town here

I was thinking of switching to 3 inch as well. I have a hotshot header straight piped to a magnaflow muffler with 2.5 inch pipe. any guess’ on what i might gain if i switch to 3 inch?

I’d say you may lose some low end torque, but gain horsepower up top. The best situation would be you’d straight up gain some up top! lol

I had the 85mm HKS Hi-Power on my s14 and there was no loss in the bottom end at all and it seemed to really beef up the midrange and allow the topend to rev out further. Although there was 2 90 degree bends in the exhaust before from the hackshop that did the first exhaust setup so I guess that could be why it was better. Also, as far as sound goes my buddies FD with the exact same exhaust was way louder than mine.