Ka's with header and 3 inch exhuast

How loud would this be? with a 3inch exhuast its pretty loud. I just want to know will this be tolerable? anyone have this set up

everyone’s idea of “tolerable” is different. of course it’ll be loud, but the overall sound/tone really depends on what type of exhaust it is… not all 3" setups sound the same, y’know.

also, i’m assuming this is for an NA application so i have to ask…are you planning on boosting in the near future? if not, you don’t wanna go 3".

i had a bee*R 3" on my n/a. it was non resignated and it was untolerable, especially since i had to drive on the highway everyday to school. it sounded pretty mean, but you couldnt even talk to ur passenger. thats my 2 cents

Headers on a KA = wasting money.

You have to get an SR20DET with an oil cooler.

Only go headers if thats what you plan to stick with long enough to make your investment worth wile.

If you plan on going turbo either KA-t or SR don’t bother.

SR’s don’t need oil coolers they need to be running 1st…

SR fanboy. :lol:

i already have the header just wondering how loud its gonna be, why is everybody and thier moms tellin me are you gonna get an sr20

Im currently running 3" catback with megan 3" turbo muffler and its louuud. at times i love it…Ive had it for a few months only been pulled over once and told its a little too loud even with the silencer in. Its extremily loud without a silencer. performance wise with the silencer in i noticed a improvement over stock piping with crappy tire performance muffler. Low down power is OK…little to none improvment…at high rpms or on the highway it rips. havnt attempted a run without the silencer…its just plain too loud.

Header with 3" back is going to be louder than you can handle. I wouldn’t even think about it, maybe 2.5 or 2.75 with a good muffler and an 18" resonator.

Oh, and welcome back Jantos, haven’t seen you post in about 2 months…

Theo

don’t be a pussy. especially since you have the header already. and dont listen to what anyone tells you about going for smaller piping than 3 inch on KA, it’s been proven time and time again that N/A KA loves 3inch piping and it yeilds more power than anything smaller.

ya, just do it… its only loud when you giver

buy a bings catback they are quiet for a 3 inch

or you can buy the same catback as bing’s on ebay for 70 bucks less

i already have a 3inch exhuast and a header just sitting thier in my room
im going to try installing it this weekend hopefully its not insanly loud

bigger is not better… and the ‘reccomendations’ FOR the use of a 3" is laughable… even for rice comments it’s laughable. Not only is stainless going to give you a much higher pitched tone, which audibly is perceived by your brain to be louder then a low pitched tone of the same magnitude, but your going to loose low end and not gain allot, if anything up top.
If you plan to run 3" all the way out put in a variable venting system that allows you to maintain low end backpressure and have free flow up the top end. If you’ve done nothing else to the engine then using all those will do little or nothing to your power gain.

I had a Hotshot performance header with a straight pipe to my magnaflow daul tip muffler and it sounded great. It was a too loud on the highway but other then that it sounded great! And it didn’t have that civic fart can high pitch sound, it had a nice deep sound to it. It sounded great from idle to redline, I was happy with that set up.

this is at low rpms with a 3" catback (custom)
http://media.putfile.com/S14snowsidewaydec05

you got proof to back that up? 3in exhaust will make more power EVERYWHERE in the KA’s powerband.

It’s been proven over and over, 80mm piping on a ka n/a = no losses anywhere in the power band.

booya! just one of the many countless threads that are out there with dynographs that prove KA’s love 3in exhaust with as little restrition as possible.

BIGGER IS BETTER.

^^^^^^^^I dont kno if this is completly tru. I went with zilvia and went ahead with putting 3" exhaust. yea the power was far better than stock piping but without my silencer in there i loose power expessially threw the lower rpms…Maybe without the silencer its better than stock…but with the silencer its far better than stock piping or running 3" without the silencer.

Untrue. If you want to know what kind of exhaust you need, first you can calculate it using some pretty basic formulas to give you a general idea, and then you can model it. I guarantee you that bigger does not mean better.

on my 240 that was sold to nick i had the obx headers, magnaflow high flow cat and custom cat back and it sounded very nice but i think it has an exaust leak at the moment… just depends on how your cat back is set up… muffler, resonator etc…