300zx brake upgrade

hey guys im currently considering this swap am i wanted to know if i needed a bigger brake booster for this application, some told my that the stock 240 booster cannot safely the bigger brakes! i donno know much about this,
i was told that i could go 5 bolt 300zx in the front and s14 5 bolt in the rear, is this a “not so much of an issue project”?

I run the stock MC and have even bigger brakes than the 300ZXs. Its a recommended upgrade but not necessary by any means.

Ive been on the track several times with my car and never had any issues.

sure you can but Its better, the brake will feel soft and soggy and you wont be using the brakes to their full potential.

Im pretty sure you can use the 300 MC

you cannot run 300zx hubs in the front
BUY MY 300zx PACKAGEEE!!!

I use Z32 front brakes, s14 front spindles but you must also use s14 balljoints and a z32 master cylinder. It bolts right up to the s13 booster. i paid about 170 for one from napa. Oh, for the rear I used Z32 rear hubs as they bolt right up. I believe that the s14 ones do as well. Make sure that your bearings are good before you install or you will have to take it all apart agin like i did.

Corey

^^ thats what i wanted to hear, thanks guys, i figured u can use the s14 5 bolt spindles and they bolt up direct to an s13 with minor mods, and about the brakes feeling spongy, i dont like that 2 much, i will research this some more
thanks guys, keep the info comming

You will need to put an S14 ball joint into the S13 control arm to hook up S14 spindles. You’ll also need spacers for the bolts on the strut.

If you get the 300zx master cylinder the pedal feel will be great. Brake booster not necessary.

what i did instead of getting the spacers and reusing the old bolts was drill out my coilovers to 14mm and buy new bolts and nuts. if you do this make sure you get grade 8 or 10.9 bolts.

im doing the swap next week on my s14, keeping the stock MC, however the car was automatic so the brake booster is slightly larger, ill let you know how the pedal feel is!

automatic cars dont have bigger boosters… ABS cars have bigger boosters

and if you are thinking to swap in the 300zx booster, it doesnt work. its too big to fit in our cars.

you seem to have an s13, maybe this is an s14 specific situation, but i am almost 100% sure that an automatic brake booster is larger than the manual, since if you have an automatic, you have to hold the car stopped against the tranny and it was made easier by supplying a larger booster.
i do, however, have 2 s14’s, one with the manual booster and one with the automatic, so when i leave for work ill double check to be certain.

edit: dont even need to check, i remember having clearence issues with the brake lines on the automatic booster since the brake lines were closer to my strut tower bar, a problem i didnt have on the other car. the automatic is for sure bigger.

When i did my swap, i used this as a reference. It was the best and most informative site i found. http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm. It wilpl tell you anythign you need to know.

Corey

Uhhh I wish I had the parts or money for the swap :(… Anyone know a ballpark for a complete swap and every supporting part? including MC…