300ZX Front Clip Disassembly

I think I can make it out to this one… if you want to forward me directions and a contact that would be great.

Regards,
J.

That seems like what’s happening. I was hoping to do it last Sunday but with everything to pull I guess it wasn’t possible.
I believe the shell will be extremely light once unbolted from the engine. All the fluids and most of the parts are gone from it already

do you happen to have the Z32 Brake MC on that front clip?

Alright guys. I’ll be there at 9-10. I told my aunt that we’d be rolling in shortly.

If anyone needs help getting there, just call me at 416-358-0230
I’ll PM a few with directions on how to get here.

Yes. I haven’t yet checked to see if the RHD version is the same as the LHD version. I will see today.

y0 Pat! where’s the pics???

we made a lot of progress on sunday. that was the most cramped engine bay i have ever worked in…

No Problems man. It was nice chilling and smoking Sheesha at Angelicas house the night before.
Next time for sure.

Pics are coming tonight. I got home this morning at 1:30am and haven’t had a chance to upload them yet. My friend came by with his flatbed trailer and we (2 guys) lifted the frame and tossed it on ourselves. Exciting seeing that unecessary bulk leaving.

We got a ton done. It looks amazing now. The turbos are so clean. I can’t wait till it goes in my car.

Bad news, my aunt told me that she has family coming over at the end of May and she needs that stuff out of her garage. So I might just have to pay someone to get the swap done.

just rent a storage unit for a month… or u could always try cleaning out your garage;)

Alright… Comments/Picture titles and I aren’t getting along too well right now so look, laugh, admire and enjoy the pics. :wink:

Klutch, Hanzzzzz and Shorteaz. Thanks so much for helping me out on Sunday. Hope you all enjoyed it.

BTW Blade… Check out this next one. Klutch is calling you out! See the “TK”??

And it looks like the engine has to find its own way into my car right now. My Aunt wants it out of her garage by the end of May.

Cheapest storage unit is $95/month and it is only an open unsheltered parking spot. Double or even triple that for the cheaper garage units and good luck finding one at that price cause the cheap ones are already booked.
The garage thing is out of the question. My Datsun is enjoying its sleep there and so are the cats that have made a home behind it :R

lol, awesome pictures!

so i guess this means we’re swapping the motor in before june :slight_smile:

Seems that way. Funny you say that. I just talked to my dad and he’s not happy with my choice at all. So I’m gonna take the car for the emissions test and then do the swap. Maybe even in the coming days

Patrick, I think I asked you before but I don’t recall. I believe that front clip had the cruise control on it. If so, I’d like to buy the right hand side controls of the instrument that contain the switch for the cruise control and the cruise control unit from the engine bay. I believe all of the wiring harness will still be the same in mine so it should be a straight forward plug-n-play affair… I hope. I’ll confirm this on the aussie Forum though. For some strange reason, cruise control was an option for the J-Spec TT 5speeds…go figure. I’m assuming that this won’t require any additional wiring as most harnesses between these (J-Spec’s) would have been the same anyway.
Thanks,
John

Yup. I have all the cruise control stuff. Switches, control Unit, Actuators, etc, etc.
I think I can use my existing actuator so you can probably take that too.
I’ll check and let you know.