300zx MAFS, 555 injectors

Hey guys, if an SR runs the 300zx MAFS, and run the 555 injectors, would it still need to get the ECU reprogramed?

I’m asking cuz it seems that 555cc injectors seem to be the 4 injector equivalent of the 370cc on a 6 injector engine.

Yes they would need to get there ecu done or get a piggyback or a safc. This is because the fuel pressure on 370cc’s would be a lot higher at the same points the 555cc’s would be at.

For example:
The kade stock injectors is at about 43psi at ideal. But when you put 370cc’s in it drops to about 23psi.

As for the MAF I am not sure. I think the voltage readings would be different so you would have to adjust it to work properly.

I just got GReddy E-Manage and when you want to put in a new bigger MAF you can just type it in and it will recalibrate it all for you. Also when you upgrade injectors it will do the same. Now all you have to do is adjust your air to fuel when boosting and your set.

You can’t just use a piggyback like an S-AFC to compensate for a different MAF sensor, since each MAF readers a different amount of air as a different voltage. 100 cubic feet per minute may be 2V on a KA MAFS (and I’m guessing here, that’s not a real number), but on a 300ZX TT MAFS it may be just 1.2V.

It requires reprogramming.

I was referring to the safc for the injectors i was not to clear I guess. As for the MAF yes you need to reprogram. But greddy emanage will let you change the MAF with out reprogramming your stock computer. safc is just for fuel.

Can’t you use a fuel pressure regulator to up the pressure on the fuel to 43 psi?

You do not need to reprogram your ecu for the 300zx MAFS if you have a SAFC, jjm_240sx is wrong.[/quote]

Hey Applesauce,

Then what should be done about hte injectors then? If the injectors and MAFS are upgraded at the same time, should it be set to running %33 lean all across the powerband then?